bottle labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zutman

Reaction score
can anyone help with printing my own bottle labels, ive bought lots of different size labels and cant find any software that prints the correct size ive got 6 labels on an A4 each label is 105 x 99 i think im going mad :doh:

I looked into the same thing, but caved and bought label to hand write them.
I looked at getting them made for me, but it worked out so expensive I didn't bother.
If you use microsoft word or another similar software like libre office (which is free, and very good) You could make a 6 cell table, and with a little experimentation, you would be able to make it work. If you want I could make a template for you to get you started.

can anyone help with printing my own bottle labels, ive bought lots of different size labels and cant find any software that prints the correct size ive got 6 labels on an A4 each label is 105 x 99 i think im going mad :doh:

I use 8 per page (A4) labels. With MS Word, I just used the the software to split the page into two columns of four. Then use the shape option to put a rectangle in each section and print on to normal A4. You can then just adjust the height and width till it about matches your labels and print again using a sheet of labels. Then you just tweak so it fits.

It takes a little patience the first time but once you have a master document set up it's breeze to create new labels using Word Art and clip art.

fair play if you can be arsed :thumb:

I buy a roll of white sticky labels from Rymans, and hand write them. Nice clean de-labelled bottles, novatwist caps, and I've had great feedback on the ones Ive given away.

I only rarely use labels because they're a pain but when I do, they're just printed in columns cut out with scissors and stuck on with milk.
Unlike glues, labels stuck on with milk come straight off in the washing bowel and don't leave messy residue on bottles.

I only rarely use labels because they're a pain but when I do, they're just printed in columns cut out with scissors and stuck on with milk.
Unlike glues, labels stuck on with milk come straight off in the washing bowel and don't leave messy residue on bottles.

Do they not smell funny after a bit or soak through and make the ink fuzzy?
Hope this works as it would be great!

Borrow sharpie pen from work/kids/anywhere. ..initial bottle caps. .eg. pa=pale ale,write it up in your brew notes.
Use time for making beer,making curry,sleeping, fishing,eating....

I "cheat". I use MS Publisher 2016, print on A4 (2 or 3 per sheet) then wrap around the bottle and put a bit of tape on to form a tight loop. The plus side is, when I want to remove the label I just rip it off.

I don't use labels but, if I do want to give any bottles away, I use a fluorescent chalk pen (you can buy them from Rymans etc). These are highlighter pens but will write on glass and will wash off easily.

Thanks I have nailed it took a photo of the box re sized on photoshop then did as you said in word imported worked fantastic

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=10528&stc=1&d=1507057969

kenridge 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back