Brew Con World Series V

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted them using the e-mail address on the website about my IPA and got this reply:

Hi Jon.

It’s the last category to go. Hopefully get it uploaded within next few days.

Cheers

I contacted them using the e-mail address on the website about my IPA and got this reply:

Hi Jon.

Cheers
I wouldn't hold your breath - 'within the next few days' has been used several times and every time the results haven't appeared as promised.

Hi Jon.

Cheers
It’s more than one category to go - I’m waiting for a lager and an IPA

Latest from Facebook:

'BrewCon World Series V
US Dark Beers and Strong Ales have now been uploaded.
Last two categories to go are Pale Lagers and US IPAs which we hope to have uploaded next week.
Rosettes for all who placed and prizes for Gold Medal winners will be sent out in the next few weeks as we are still waiting on some prizes to be delivered.
Cheers'

Got my last score but no score sheet for the American Amber yet.
Screenshot_20221121-063409.jpg

Hi Jon.

Cheers

10 days later and still nothing.

It's nearly 2 months now since this competition was judged and I've still not had my feedback.

What an absolute bunch of jokers.

As someone rightly posted on Twitter (my own Twitter comments have been deleted):

A reminder of rule 11 for @BJCP_Official sanctioned competitions:

Feedback must be given to the brewer or entrant. BJCP Judging Forms are recommended, but are not mandatory. Scoresheets must be returned promptly to entrants.

10 days later and still nothing.

It's nearly 2 months now since this competition was judged and I've still not had my feedback.

What an absolute bunch of jokers.

As someone rightly posted on Twitter (my own Twitter comments have been deleted):

A reminder of rule 11 for @BJCP_Official sanctioned competitions:

Feedback must be given to the brewer or entrant. BJCP Judging Forms are recommended, but are not mandatory. Scoresheets must be returned promptly to entrants.
I’ve now finished the kegs of all 3 beers I submitted. I’ve had 1 of my 3 scores back.

It’s put me off not only ever entering the BrewCon comp again, but ever actually going down to BrewCon.

I’ve now finished the kegs of all 3 beers I submitted. I’ve had 1 of my 3 scores back.

It’s put me off not only ever entering the BrewCon comp again, but ever actually going down to BrewCon.
Same for me. Still waiting on my final score but none of the beer left to compare comments against. Even if I did have any left it almost certainly wouldn't be the same beer 2 months on.

Given the behaviour on Facebook (blocking comments) and Twitter (deleting comments) it's clear the organisers know they are in the wrong but don't want to face up to it.

I absolutely won't be entering again. Far too many good competitions out there to waste time and money on one where the organisers clearly don't care about the participants.

That's just crazy! I've got all my scoresheets, and the judges feedback was excellent!, but I'm waiting on the rosette and prize (whatever it may be). But yeah, don't really want to enter this again because next time it will be me waiting on the scoresheets....

That's just crazy! I've got all my scoresheets, and the judges feedback was excellent!, but I'm waiting on the rosette and prize (whatever it may be). But yeah, don't really want to enter this again because next time it will be me waiting on the scoresheets....
That's really poor that you haven't received your prize yet. I'm assuming no reliable indication of when it will be sent?

At the LAB comp I’d received my rosette and had been put in contact with my prize provider (it was an experience prize, although the dates were unsuitable so they sent me beer instead) within 12 days of the competition.

A week short of 2 months for the rosette is ridiculous.

At the LAB comp I’d received my rosette and had been put in contact with my prize provider (it was an experience prize, although the dates were unsuitable so they sent me beer instead) within 12 days of the competition.

A week short of 2 months for the rosette is ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as 2019 when it took them 4 months to get the Rosettes out to us

Pale lagers are up. I thought it was the worst beer I’ve brewed in years and that was confirmed by the judge 😂

However, I was reading the feedback wondering if he was actually drinking my beer - he says “very good clarity”. That beer was hazier than my NEIPA right up until I finished the keg 10 days ago!

Pale lagers are up. I thought it was the worst beer I’ve brewed in years and that was confirmed by the judge 😂

However, I was reading the feedback wondering if he was actually drinking my beer - he says “very good clarity”. That beer was hazier than my NEIPA right up until I finished the keg 10 days ago!
I think they have lost half the feedback so they are just making stuff up to get everyone off their back and tick the box(that's why it's taking so long)..still haven't had the amber feedback(just the score)..can't even be bothered to check anymore

I think they have lost half the feedback so they are just making stuff up to get everyone off their back and tick the box(that's why it's taking so long)..still haven't had the amber feedback(just the score)..can't even be bothered to check anymore
Actually now you’ve mentioned it, that might not be too far from the truth! I only got one score sheet (my witbier had 2 sheets) and my judge was the organiser.

I also don’t recognise any of the feedback as my beer (although I don’t necessarily disagree with the score). As well as being told it had very good clarity when every pint of it I drank was cloudy, I took it to brew club and nobody there picked up on the off flavours he mentions (particularly sulphur).

Latest posts

Back