Brew Con World Series V

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are doing it by table number my witbier should be one of the first scores up because wheats was table 1.

There were nearly 400 entries so it’ll take them quite a while to scan them all in, especially as the organisers were doing it all in their spare time.
I'm assuming you've not got scores yet then?

Two of my beers were on Table 2 so I'd have expected results to have been posted by now if they were doing roughly one table a day.

Norwich Amateur Brewers have put them to shame really, all scores and feedback sheets uploaded by 7pm on the day of the competition. Admittedly, it was only about a quarter of the number of entries but it shows it isn't that hard to get things done at a reasonable pace.

I'm assuming you've not got scores yet then?

Two of my beers were on Table 2 so I'd have expected results to have been posted by now if they were doing roughly one table a day.

Norwich Amateur Brewers have put them to shame really, all scores and feedback sheets uploaded by 7pm on the day of the competition. Admittedly, it was only about a quarter of the number of entries but it shows it isn't that hard to get things done at a reasonable pace.
Nothing for me yet, unless we’ve both been blacklisted for asking them to hurry up on Twitter and Facebook (assuming you’re who I think you are and I’m not putting 2+2 together and getting 5) 😂

I understand they were doing a whole convention and not just the competition, but little things like not taking 3 months to mark my entries as “paid”, and recording the results announcement on someone’s phone and sticking it on Facebook would have made a massive difference.

Nothing for me yet, unless we’ve both been blacklisted for asking them to hurry up on Twitter and Facebook (assuming you’re who I think you are and I’m not putting 2+2 together and getting 5) 😂

I understand they were doing a whole convention and not just the competition, but little things like not taking 3 months to mark my entries as “paid”, and recording the results announcement on someone’s phone and sticking it on Facebook would have made a massive difference.
Haha, yep, that's me and the same thought had crossed my mind! 😂

I agree, it's clearly a lot to organise beyond just the homebrew competition but some clearer communication around timelines or asking for a bit of help would make the experience a whole lot better.

The main reason I've started entering competitions is to get independent feedback on my beers so I know where to improve. Not getting it in a timely manner can make it harder to interpret as you may not have any of the beer left to sample it against.

If they are doing it by table number my witbier should be one of the first scores up because wheats was table 1.

There were nearly 400 entries so it’ll take them quite a while to scan them all in, especially as the organisers were doing it all in their spare time.

Should take no more than a couple of hours if you have access to a batch scanner...it's all about using the right tools for the job. The renaming of the scanned files, so they get uploaded against the correct entry, might take a while but that's something you can do on a laptop whilst watching the telly in the evening.

The Norwich boys yesterday...as the judges were returning score sheets....the comp organisers were immediately photographing the score sheet on a phone and transferring the file to their laptop.

Aye for such an amazing event to attend, this has let it down a little tbh. I really don't want to criticise too much as i do get that it's a huge thing too organise in their own time and I'm sure they have jobs and families like we all do. But it has been like 10 days now and I'm not aware of a single category having their scores uploaded yet? No updates on the FB page either since the 11th that i can see. At the end of the day, we did pay to enter the competition and as NAB showed, it is possible to plan ahead and get scores/feedback uploaded pretty soon after the event.

"next week" hasn't finished yet.
Unfortunately ambiguous wording is the problem again.

'By next week' could mean it will be available first thing Monday morning or will be done by the end of the week.

Everyone would be a lot more patient if a clear timeline was provided at the time of the competition (or even better, when entering). Instead we get piecemeal information that isn't accurate.

Brewcon Organisers every day this week:
1666858988777.gif

Complete radio silence on the Twitter and Facebook pages too so I'm not at all confident they'll be published any time soon.

From what I remember, it wasn't a particularly cheap competition to enter compared to others yet it's by far the worst for providing results and feedback. Every other competition has provided both within 2-3 days of judging.

Latest posts

Back