Brew Ferment fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with Ghillie and the others, I have two fridges set up with a temp controller(stc 1000) on each, the only difference is that for the heat side I use a brew belt around the FV as I didn't feel comfortable drilling a hole for the greenhouse heater cable to go through and I've adapted the FV lid with a piece of plastic tubing that goes into the wort to fit the temp probe into and it works a treat.

I see where your coming from but sounds technical for me clapa
I’ve an electronical engineer friend I’ll quiz him,
Not long started all this ashock1

Plug and play, easy:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123365957832?chn=ps

Here's your heater:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=131051286327

Fridges can be found for pennies second hand on GumTree, Facebook Marketplace, etc.

Have a wee Google for fermentation chamber and trawl the forums. The idea is pretty simple really, maintain a consistent temperature.

I see where your coming from but sounds technical for me clapa
I’ve an electronical engineer friend I’ll quiz him,
Not long started all this ashock1
I’m probably the worst DIY-er in the planet and I managed to put mine together. Inkbird temperature probe, greenhouse heater and a fridge:
D625D737-334B-44F4-A512-F1A2259D0F2E.jpeg

I managed to feed the flex down the drain hole in my three. But brew belts are good!
I also fed the flex for the tubular heater down the drain hole. Had to drill it out though to enlarge it.

I initially used a brew belt, but wouldn't go back to one now after it became scorched and melted a very small area of the fridge! Here's my effort:

DSC_0310.JPG

I use the brew belt around the FV and the wire out of the door along with the temp probe but should really set it up properly, it works so not worried at the moment

Cheers

I use the brew belt around the FV and the wire out of the door along with the temp probe but should really set it up properly, it works so not worried at the moment

Cheers
Same here. Fridge is sealing even with the wires coming out the door and I can’t be arsed taking the plug off the heater.

I also fed the flex for the tubular heater down the drain hole. Had to drill it out though to enlarge it.

I initially used a brew belt, but wouldn't go back to one now after it became scorched and melted a very small area of the fridge! Here's my effort:

View attachment 17797
Very smart. I'm "that guy" who puts his faith in the glass shelf...:(

What is the upper FV by the way? It looks like it's pretty low in height which would prove very handy!

Good job all !! Think I’m looking at a tall fridge similar to what’s pictured for a lager and lagering fridge to start as wife not too happy me lagering my bohemianbon fridge for several weeks aunsure....

I used a series of planks of wood to do my shelf and it snapped so I’ve been risking it with the toughened glass shelf that came with the fridge!

What is the upper FV by the way? It looks like it's pretty low in height which would prove very handy!
It's this one, but the image is not the 30l version.
https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/30_ltr_Plastic_fermenter_with_Lid_and_Tap.html
Dimensions are in the link, it's wider than it is tall. What I like about it is that it seals very well due to the screw top design with gasket, and the hole for the airlock can be blanked off with a cap that is provided.

SWMBO comment of the day is "They look as if they cost a bob or two!" so I didn't ask the obvious question because I already knew that the answer would be a definitive "NO!"

I already suffered a traumatic disappointment yesterday when SWMBO reported that the light in the under-counter fridge in the kitchen had stopped working and that she couldn't hear the fridge running.

It's a nine-year old larder fridge and will make a perfect "Brew Fridge Number 3", so I immediately looked sad and diagnosed the problem as "It's really old so the chances are that it's knackered."

However, a nine-year old larder fridge is "nearly new" in some peoples eyes so (torn away from my computer search for another fridge) I had to change the fuse under close supervision, after which the light came on, the fridge lived and I muttered "Bugger!"

I done the same sort of thing, when lagering. I took all the shelves out the fridge is. House and then fitted a wooden shelf !! Wife was t too happy o_O

It's this one, but the image is not the 30l version.
https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/30_ltr_Plastic_fermenter_with_Lid_and_Tap.html
Dimensions are in the link, it's wider than it is tall. What I like about it is that it seals very well due to the screw top design with gasket, and the hole for the airlock can be blanked off with a cap that is provided.
I'm surprised they sell any going by the photo. Even if the volume is incorrect, it looks nothing like your picture.

Looks great! I may get one when my buckets get a bit buggered.

Latest posts

Back