Brewday pics....!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi folks
Well, yesterday's brewday went well with one small hiccup (check very last pic). Alarm was set for 5.30am and was finished and cleaned up by 10.10am.
I love the idea of the split brewday, might try that one next time, great idea and thanks!
Here's the pics...
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Cheers!
Tony

Many thanks! That's true, I topped up with a little boiling water so not a real problem, although now I have to buy a new thermometer!
Thanks again!

Sure thing - doing this from memory though as I'm at work
Going for big hops in this one, this is also the first time I've used a base malt with no other grains

7k Maris Otter (100%)

60g Northern Brewer 10%aa at 60 min
40g Progress 5.4%aa at 20 min

60g Progress: aroma

according to BeerSmith, this should give me 61 IBU

Bit of an experiment :D I'll let you know how it's gone in a few weeks!

Sorry, should have said, the boil was 60 min and the NB went in as soon as rolling boil was achieved, the Progress 20 mins before the end (40 mins after the NB)

I like pale, hoppy ales - your brewday pics are spot on - would love to hear how this one turns out i haven`t tried northen brewer or progress (yet :lol: ) I`ve used pacific gem in a couple brews which is agreat bittering hop :thumb:

Got home about an hour ago to see fermentation really well underway .. and a wonderful hoppy-tangerine smell coming off the top :D
I'll keep you informed

Thanks for all the great messages folks, everyone has made me feel really welcome here!

Latest posts

Back