Brewery Tours

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimmyB78 said:
bbslaw said:
Great map!
Black sheep in Masham also do a tour
http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/visito ... ery_tours/
But it wasn't brilliant (mainly a video!)
Don't know if you're wanting to expand to the continent... but the Cantillon brewery tour in Brussels was good
http://www.cantillon.be/br/3_2

Black Sheep's on there, just being hidden by Theaksons a bit. My Dad went recently and also said it wasn't great with Theakstons doing the better tour of the two.

I'll save the Brussels one, I may expand it at some point or do a new version with a selection in other countries

I did the Theakstons one years ago and really enjoyed it. We got the tour guide to ourselves that day, as luck had it! There's an episode of Frost (David Jason) that I think was filmed in there, possibly Season 6 episode 3. Must be on the internet somewhere.

If the map can expand to Belgium at least, even better. Can't believe I went on a stag do in Brussels once... before I developed such an interest in their beers :doh: Must go again.

@JimmyB78,
Just checked with the Brewdog brewery, they are not yet doing brewery tours, apparently they need a licence to conduct them, its applied for but not approved.

LeithR said:
@JimmyB78,
Just checked with the Brewdog brewery, they are not yet doing brewery tours, apparently they need a licence to conduct them, its applied for but not approved.

Thanks LeithR! I'll keep an eye out and add them if I see they've started to do tours.

critch said:
im not sure if liverpool one still do tours, it recently changed hands and cains is shut!

however liverpool organic brewery do tours (about 4 a year,next one may well be 2014!)

or so im told :whistle: look on the website thingy

http://www.liverpoolorganicbrewery.com/

Thanks I've added that one and removed Cains, I'll leave Liverpool one on there for the moment.

Cheers

Thanks to this map a group of us had a great night at peerless brewery in birkenhead last night.

£20 a head which included beef stew, a nice cheese board and us much of the peerless ales as we could handle. Steve, the brewer, gave a cracking explanation of his brewing process, kit and ingredients too.

The hoppy 'down under' was my favourite.

For info, the brewery tours are the last Friday of each month.

Cheshire muzz said:
Thanks to this map a group of us had a great night at peerless brewery in birkenhead last night.

£20 a head which included beef stew, a nice cheese board and us much of the peerless ales as we could handle. Steve, the brewer, gave a cracking explanation of his brewing process, kit and ingredients too.

The hoppy 'down under' was my favourite.

For info, the brewery tours are the last Friday of each month.

Excellent! Glad it's helped someone out and you had a great night!

Our local Scarborough Brewery is now offering tours on its website!

I haven't been round yet and it's a real micro, but the family also owns the Valley Bar a few streets away, with it's 100-strong Belgian Menu, as well as a helping of the Scarborough Brewery beers and other ales on tap.

If anyone's planning a seaside trip this month... :D

Thanks for the info, I've added Scarborough and Burton Old Cottage to the map. Freedom was already on there, hopefully in the right place!

JimmyB78 said:
Thanks for the info, I've added Scarborough and Burton Old Cottage to the map. Freedom was already on there, hopefully in the right place!

Lol sorry I had the map zoomed in too far I didn't see Freedom on there :roll:

I'm hoping to persuade my parents to head up to Sawdon for a week at some point next year. I'll add that to the itinerary, although at this rate we may need a fortnight to do everything!

Back