• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale FOR SALE new iSpindels - fully build and tested - £25 collected or £30 posted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please note, I discussed this sale with the admin before posting and they have agreed I can sell this item, in this quantity
(cheers: admin)

FOR SALE, new iSpindels, fully build and tested £30 including postage (UK only)

£30 posted (or £25 collection, CH5 3GG). Discounts available for multiple items, contact me with your requirements.

Running the latest firmware (currently 7.2.1 - but if a new version is released this will be loaded before they are posted)

All are fully built and tested (though do require a battery and calibration before you chuck it into your fermenter) see the guide here for details https://drive.google.com/open...

I've been brewing myself for a number of years now (last photo is my personal setup in my garage) but I still enjoy tinkering with electronics (my degree was in Electronic and Electrical engineering) so built some of these quite early on in my hobby and sold a few on here 'https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/.../for-sale-new.../'

Happy to now be offering a 2nd batch at a lower price than I did in 2017 (because scr3w the cost of living crisis, scr3w brexit, scr3w chip shortages, scr3w covid, scr3w the war in Ukraine and scr3w everything else that means the cost of everything else in world has gone up since 2017!
🙂
)

Attachments

• 20220411_104527.jpg
    20220411_104527.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220411_104641.jpg
    20220411_104641.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220411_104656.jpg
    20220411_104656.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220411_104733.jpg
    20220411_104733.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220411_104753.jpg
    20220411_104753.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220411_104843.jpg
    20220411_104843.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230626_114802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_114802_Chrome.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BF.jpg
    BF.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 354588834_10160633995165619_6513946631944907980_n.jpg
    354588834_10160633995165619_6513946631944907980_n.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a brew fridge, but do have a stainless fermenter. It transmits through the fermenter and a single wall ok. But if I put the fermenter in the garage where it has to go through the fermenter and two walls it doesn't work for half the time. A simple range extender fixed the issue for me

For those considering a digital hydrometer, I would personally place mine in the top five most useful brewing tools, especially if you can integrate one with Brewfather (very easy to do). It really is a game changer. The only thing I would add is that you should rely on them only to give you an indication of the progress of fermentation (you get accustomed to reading the graphs and what they mean). Always use a traditional hydrometer to take a more accurate reading at the start and end of fermentation before packaging.

I second black Regent on this my Ispindel is out on top end and lower end but with use you get to know roughly where it is.so for dry hopping crashing etc you know you are there or there abouts but not exact. It will also stabilise so you know the end of fermentation.
It is excellent as a guide only and does not replace the hydrometer readings at start and end

I am interested in a couple of these but worried as I am on the limit of my wifi without being in a fridge. Any recommendations for a good wifi extender or better idea?

I am interested in a couple of these but worried as I am on the limit of my wifi without being in a fridge. Any recommendations for a good wifi extender or better idea?
I got this one. It seemed to work fine. I'm sure there are plenty that do the job for a tenner. Or if you are tech savvy and have an old wifi router kicking around, I'm sure you can re-use that. Or there is the Nautilis iSpindel Relay

I got this one. It seemed to work fine. I'm sure there are plenty that do the job for a tenner. Or if you are tech savvy and have an old wifi router kicking around, I'm sure you can re-use that. Or there is the Nautilis iSpindel Relay
That looks good, I didn't know they could display the actual data, just thought it would be a standard range extender.
Does it display the data from the iSpindel independently of needing to connect to the router or is it dependant on a wifi signal itself?

That looks good, I didn't know they could display the actual data, just thought it would be a standard range extender.
Does it display the data from the iSpindel independently of needing to connect to the router or is it dependant on a wifi signal itself?
I don't own a nautilus. I guess it works like any router - it's connects to your router and then the ispindel connects to the Nautilus. It'll obviously need the ispindel to connect to it to display the data but I have no idea whether it needs the connection to your home router just for display

Last edited:
When you say they are calibrates, does that mean I don't have to mess around with different gravities of sugar syrup and can use out of the box?
Sorry if I've given the wrong impression here. They are NOT calibrated.

If you calibrate them or not is up to you. Personally I don't bother any more as I look at the shape of the graph to see when fermentation has started / finished rather than look at the actual gravity (which, as a couple of people have said above, should really be done with a normal hydrometer if you want an accurate reading)

I don't use one personally so will defer to the advice of others. Though nothing specific to the iSpindel so anything with good reviews should be fine 😁

Last edited:
I got these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-De...&qid=1688044385&sprefix=tplink,aps,146&sr=8-8

Before these I had trouble getting wifi in my dining room with the router in my lounge about 6 metres away. I put these in three corners of the house and am now still on my wifi when I'm in the Malaysian restaurant four buildings away.

Sorry if I've given the wrong impression here. They are NOT calibrated.

If you calibrate them or not is up to you. Personally I don't bother any more as I look at the shape of the graph to see when fermentation has started / finished rather than look at the actual gravity (which, as a couple of people have said above, should really be done with a normal hydrometer if you want an accurate reading)

Apologies, I completely misread that.

Back