Brewferm raspberry??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathew Simkin

Reaction score
hi guys,

Very new to this, only brewed two beers before (one too hoppy for my liking and the other a rubbish cider kit from the range)

Wondering, is the raspberry brew Ferm any good? I know it makes less than a usual kit however, does it actually taste like a raspberry beer? I want something to taste fruity, like a fruli (yeah I know that’s strawberry, haha!).

Any thoughts? Also, I live in an apartment block so my temp is constantly around 18-20, is this okay for brewing it? I have nowhere to cold store other than a balcony, which, again, I’m not sure is a good idea?

It’s a malty raspberry flavour, it’s nice but not like Fruli. Not as good as the cherry though. That’s much more fruity but expensive.

Maybe make it with candy sugar and not DME? I think I used extra light DME but it as like 6 years ago.

The temp will be manageable, but not perfect. Don’t see why you cannot store outside until it gets frosty.

Last edited:
Yeah I was tempted by the cherry one, but it’s an extra 12 quid or so. Is storing on a balcony advisable? Bear in mind I’m in nice and frosty Lancashire, temps will vary from 5 to 12-15 ish from now on, should it not be a constant temp to clear it? I also don’t have room for an extra fridge indoors to store so that isn’t an option either. Cheers

I would brew the kit as is but taste when it's ready to bottle. If there's not enough raspberry for you add some fresh raspberries to the fermenter and leave for a few days to a week.

I brewed my first raspberry beer this summer and used ~70g per litre and it came out super raspberry flavoured, if you're trying to just boost the existing flavours maybe add 5-10g per litre.

tl;dr Go for it and adjust later :)

Latest posts

Back