Craft Beer and Brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried doing a search but any search with beer and brewing in it is going to get a lot of hits. Anyway, to the subscribers of Craft Beer and Brewing - is it worth it ?

Worth checking Pressreader app. I am able to access the magazine electronically for free through my library. I really enjoy it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240525-182555.png
    Screenshot_20240525-182555.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 0
Would you pay £50 per year ?

That works out at £12.50 an issue. Not sure I would tbh.

EDIT: sorry, I'm taking ********. Thought it was quarterly for some reason. It's bimonthly. Yeah, I probably would.

Must just depend council by council
Free on PressReader for me too with my local library login. I’ve looked at a few issues, it’s a good interesting read but as a confirmed amateur and near-beginner I wouldn’t pay for it.

Pressreader is good too. I hate the 'page turner' reader concept as it makes it almost impossible to read anything but in text mode it works really well. I like the fact for each article in craft beer and brewing it shows the first page and you can then scroll to the next article or click the right arrow to read the rest of the article. The one thing that is messing with my head, though, is you have to scroll up/down to move left/right. Minor issue.

Pressreader is good too. I hate the 'page turner' reader concept as it makes it almost impossible to read anything but in text mode it works really well. I like the fact for each article in craft beer and brewing it shows the first page and you can then scroll to the next article or click the right arrow to read the rest of the article. The one thing that is messing with my head, though, is you have to scroll up/down to move left/right. Minor issue.

I find it works better on some devices than others. Works great on tablet, but dreadful on laptop. Text mode is pretty cool.

The content is great on it. Pretty much no need to subscribe to any newspaper or magazine.

That's just showing off 🤣.

I have no idea where one is, let alone joining it 😱😱😱

The Internet. I didn't set foot inside the library.

The hardest part was joining Pressreader as a library member. I was looking for the name of the local library and couldn't find it. Eventually sussed that I needed to search for the county council name.

If you want to try going through the process I can write up what I had to do.

Ooo. Everyday is a school day. I might have another go.

But is it worth a read?

Yes! Some great nuggets in there. Quite cool reading about different products coming down the line, and they do recipes on a featured style. It's very American, but it's really well put together.

Ooo. Everyday is a school day. I might have another go.

But is it worth a read?

I second @Brew_DD2 it is interesting. Read an interesting article about Kolsh (have I spelled that right), now I know what a stange is. Also read one about thiols, specifically how to control them. Apparently their flavour threshold is equivalent to one drop in a swimming pool ashock1. Just started reading about brown/dark malts.

Yes, its American biased and talks a lot about commercial but they do realise that homebrewers are part of the audience.

Tried doing a search but any search with beer and brewing in it is going to get a lot of hits. Anyway, to the subscribers of Craft Beer and Brewing - is it worth it ?
I subscribe to the full access subscription on their website. I have had it for a couple of years now.. I like it.
Get regular exclusive video courses, email's with brewing guides and pro recipes that you can download along with the magazine. I listen to their podcast weekly so I feel as though a get a lot of content back for my money.
I used to subscribe to readly app which had craft beer and brewing, brew your own and a New Zealand (maybe Australian).brewing mag...plus loads.of other magazines..I used to spend loads of money on magazines and papers over the years so a tenner a month seems good value

Back