brewferm worth the money?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceo

Landlord.
Reaction score
been looking for ideas on my next brew only used cheap 1 can kits so i see brewferm 1 can kits at £20-£25 for 9-12 litres. :eek:

have i missed some thing that seems a lot of money for not alot of beer in my eyes. :wha:

Not sure where you've been looking,mbut you can get brew fern kits for £10

Ah I see. Ive got one in the fv and and another lined up, so will let you know. I have heard good things about them though.

I did the Triple a year or so ago and it was v.good. Worth the money IMO. Would recommend bottling in 375ml bottles though as they are strong.

I'm doing the 'expensive' Kriek (cherry) at the moment, see here
I was 'lucky' to pick up a short dated kit from my LHBS, which |I wouldn't normally touch, but at a 33% discount I thought it would be worth a go. Apparently, it's all the cherries that make it so expensive.

We're not used to paying a £1 for each 500ml bottle in this game, but mine tasted mighty fine when I racked it to secondary.

The Abdij (£11-12 per 9L) is very tasty, although more bitter than the original beers it seeks to emulate, in my experience. I've got the Wheat and the Triple on the shelf.

They seem extremely good quality kits to me so far, with terrific yeast that does it jobs and then compacts beautifully to the bottom. Start accumulating a few Bud bottles or similar to put them in!

morethanworts said:
I'm doing the 'expensive' Kriek (cherry) at the moment, see here
I was 'lucky' to pick up a short dated kit from my LHBS, which |I wouldn't normally touch, but at a 33% discount I thought it would be worth a go. Apparently, it's all the cherries that make it so expensive.

We're not used to paying a £1 for each 500ml bottle in this game, but mine tasted mighty fine when I racked it to secondary.

The Abdij (£11-12 per 9L) is very tasty, although more bitter than the original beers it seeks to emulate, in my experience. I've got the Wheat and the Triple on the shelf.

They seem extremely good quality kits to me so far, with terrific yeast that does it jobs and then compacts beautifully to the bottom. Start accumulating a few Bud bottles or similar to put them in!

Your setup looks good in the pic! How does the cooling work there? Is it natural temp drop or is it aided? I noticed the stc1000 type gadget in the corner.

Your setup looks good in the pic! How does the cooling work there? Is it natural temp drop or is it aided? I noticed the stc1000 type gadget in the corner.

Cooling currently works by me opening the shed door on hot days! The empty socket on my STC1000 box is going live when it needs cooling, ready for a brew fridge when I see one going cheap. As long as I don't start brews off in a heatwave at the moment, I'm safe for 20-21C in there, with the heaters cutting in when it dips a bit. I will move them to the concrete floor or under our house for a few days later.

On the original topic, many of Brewferm's beers are hard to buy commercially (at least where I live) apart from a few labels. Even then, you're paying well over £2 per 330ml bottle,

Latest posts

Back