Brewing in Hot Weather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got a sachet of W34 which despite being a larger yeast is meant to, ferment fairly cleanly up to 28 degrees, so will be giving it a go this weekend.
I've used this yeast a lot in the past and it seems fairly resilient. I've fermented it warm with really good results, but don't think I've pushed it up to 28 before. I'm interested to hear how it comes out.

Yup if ambient is above 25*C and you only have a wort chiller and are trying to get the wort down to say 20*C and the tap water is 19*C as mine was during a hot spell last year, it ain't really going to work.
If you do a part boil grain and extract beer boil 8 litres and near to frozen bottled water you get to pitching temp when you dilute it.

I brew in south wales all year long switching to mangrove jacks m29 french saison 32c or their Belgian Triple/Ale m31/41 good for 28c or m20 which is good up to 30c

Craft Series Yeasts

if it's hotter than the yeasts can handle then its too hot for ME to brew anyway :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back