Hot Weather Preparations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all relative. The weatherman said it might hit a record high in Dallas, Texas of 110f. Years ago when I lived in Lake Havasu City, Arizona my response would have been, "Is that all?" We hit 120f several times a year.

It’s 38.5 in the shade here which would have been knocking on the highest ever recorded UK temperature until earlier today I believe (Heathrow, just up the road recorded over 40).

I’d quite like it to cool down now, the exhaust from my brewshed cooling is at 44.5.

Meanwhile in Scotland, at around 2pm...
IMG_20220719_133646~2.jpg

Back in the early 80’s I was working on the Shedgum Gas Plant in Saudi Arabia.

The Squash Courts on the camp were shaded but had no AC so we waited until the ambient temperature fell below 30*C before starting a game!

This morning (over 40 years later) I was knackered walking about 50 yards to Aldi, with my 3-wheeled walker, at 28*C; and it got a lot hotter!
:hat:

PS
Just had a text from a friend in Huntly, Aberdeenshire. “Sat outside in the shade all day. Got forced inside due to hail - bizarre!”
:confused.:

I think it's because when thinking about temperature in the UK if you say something is 50c you know its half way to a cup of tea so must be hot.
If you mention "76" to a certain age..well...that WAS hot!

Interestingly HB still uses F for mashing temperature of most us Brits On here. Because since I returned to Homebrew AG I think only in metric so much that I find imperial recipes hard work. Especially hop additions in oz.

PS

Just had a text from a friend in Huntly, Aberdeenshire. “Sat outside in the shade all day. Got forced inside due to hail - bizarre!”
:confused.:
15° and chucking it down around Skye at the moment!

Latest posts

Back