Hot Weather Preparations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are my own “Hot Weather Preparations”.
  1. Open widows in house. (*)
  2. Open door to BrewShed. (*)
  3. Open house doors. (*)
  4. Ensure door fly screens in place.
  5. Put fresh water in Spray Bottle.
  6. Put Spray Bottle in fridge. (**)
  7. Put 2 litres of water in fridge. (**)
  8. Put soft drinks in fridge. (**)
  9. Top up Cologne Sprays. (***)
  10. Set up fans in house.
  11. Water garden plants. (*)
  12. Stay out of the sun and in shade whenever possible!
(*) When NOT in sun.
(**) House fridge.
(***) Sprays of French Cologne increase the cooling effect of water!

Add your own preparations to the list and please stay safe!
:hat:

Reach out the remote of the aircon, occasionally have something alcohol free.

Put a couple of big bottles of water in the freezer and after they're frozen put them in front of your working fan, to use as a hilbilly aircon. Works especially good in the bedroom to help with sleeping.

Aircon?”

Sorry, but in the UK I doubt if 10% know what it is and 95% don’t have it!
Air con is just a heat pump.
You can run it in reverse in the winter for heating & installation is a fraction of the price of these ground source heat pump that are supposed to be so environmentally friendly.
(Also it's supposed to be a lot cheaper to run than storage heaters)

Er … I’m not in the 10% of people who don’t know what “Aircon” means (I used to lecture on the subject) but I am one of the 95% of people who don’t own one in the UK.

The climate change, coupled with the rising price of electricity and gas, makes the installation of a “Heat Pump” system almost essential.

I say “almost” because the money required to rip out a traditional Combi Boiler and replace it with a Heat Pump would require a number of years to recover the investment.

Some of us may not have the number of years required. :confused.:

Er … I’m not in the 10% of people who don’t know what “Aircon” means (I used to lecture on the subject) but I am one of the 95% of people who don’t own one in the UK.

The climate change, coupled with the rising price of electricity and gas, makes the installation of a “Heat Pump” system almost essential.

I say “almost” because the money required to rip out a traditional Combi Boiler and replace it with a Heat Pump would require a number of years to recover the investment.

Some of us may not have the number of years required. :confused.:
Get the Labour government in! The heat pump for our holiday house was subsidised. $50! About 25 GBP. I do love a Labour or in our case Labor government. Until it comes time to start paying back the money they have borrowed:(

Walk the dog early at 6:30am, Do what i have to do in the workshop until lunchtime then have a long siesta!
I have a 5" computer fan in a square duct, can be placed near where you are working, quiet & provides a cooling draft.
Nice cool drink of sherbert, juice of a couple of lemons, a lime & some chopped mint, in a big jug of water top up with a couple of tablespoons of sugar & half a teaspoon of salt, stir well put in fridge, It wont last long!

As for leaving windows & doors open, good idea but bear in mind there are a lot of scrotes out looking for easy pickings.
A common occurrence round here on cctv is groups of them trawling the streets in the early hours trying car doors & side gates. A sign of the times.

10 gallons of water in 2 litre bottles ready for when both electricity and water supply fails. Thats 23 2 litre bottles for the mathematically challenged. I also have 10 2 litre bottles of drinking water in the garage. 1 bottle of dark star hophead in fridge.

Go on a holiday in the Highlands of Scotland. Highs of 18 degrees forecast this week.

100 gallons of water in 2 litre bottles ready for when both electricity and water supply fails. Thats 23 2 litre bottles for the mathematically challenged. I also have 10 2 litre bottles of drinking water in the garage. 1 bottle of dark star hophead in fridge.
This is the UK, it won't last too long & the rain will resume, so I don't think we need to go full bunker stocking survivalist mode 😄

Latest posts

Back