Brewuk....online shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can just make a suggestion...

Malt Miller are shipping non-grain orders quickly ( I got a hop, yeast and water treatment order within 72 hours) but I think everybody is struggling for grain. Why not make a phone call to your local micro? There's a very good chance that some of them are sitting on sacks of grain they they might love to sell.

Interesting. If you go to Home Brewing Supplies & Wine Making Kits - The Homebrew Company (Ireland) they say they aren't taking any orders but if you go to Home Brewing Supplies & Wine Making Kits - The Homebrew Company (UK) it looks like they might, at least there aren't any disclaimers. 99% sure it's the same company. Would you happen to know if the Irish business will ship to England?
It's the same company, in Ireland. Contact Us - The Homebrew Company
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/contact-us-c-16.html

If it's any consolation to anyone, I placed an order on the 6th April and haven't heard a thing. Two emails, no reply and they aren't picking up the phone.

I tried to place an order at https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/ when they opened on the 20th April at lunchtime. But, probably due to the demand, the website soon became unavailable with http 500 errors all over the place and then nothing. I tried a few hours later and it looked like they had to rebuild the server as it returned the default apache webpages. A few hours after that the website was back to normal but everything I saved in my basket had gone, they weren't taking any orders and the one thing I was after - a 25kg bag of Golden Promise, was now out of stock. :(

Anyone know of any other shops taking orders and delivering in a reasonable time?

Gave them a call this morning and finally someone answered. Orders from 5th, 6th and 7th April have been packaged up and are waiting for pickup by Royal Mail. Apparently the local hub became full up and wouldn't take any more packages. So hopefully my order should arrive in the next few days.

My order from Brew2Bottled was shipped via Royal Mail on 16/4 still not arrived. I complained on 23/4 and they said they would re-send despite 2 more mails from me no reply. I think a lot of the HB retailers believe their responsibilities end when they ship.

If it's any consolation to anyone, I placed an order on the 6th April and haven't heard a thing. Two emails, no reply and they aren't picking up the phone.

I tried to place an order at https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/ when they opened on the 20th April at lunchtime. But, probably due to the demand, the website soon became unavailable with http 500 errors all over the place and then nothing. I tried a few hours later and it looked like they had to rebuild the server as it returned the default apache webpages. A few hours after that the website was back to normal but everything I saved in my basket had gone, they weren't taking any orders and the one thing I was after - a 25kg bag of Golden Promise, was now out of stock. :(

Anyone know of any other shops taking orders and delivering in a reasonable time?
Brew2bottle were recently quick and cheap delivery

I've used B2B for many years they were my LHBS in Northwich before it shut. I have never had a problem with them previously and the problem now is RM, but I cannot accept no response.

It is good to see this thread has moved away from the original BrewUK knocking thread.

I did get caught up in the BrewUK problems, cancelled my order last week ("refund" email, not that I've had a refund yet) and reordered the stuff from MM. The order (mainly grain) was with me within 48 hours. Hooray for Rob at MM? But why was I ordering from BrewUK when I've been ordering from MM for a few years now?

Because MM seeing the building problems had suspended grain orders. And then restarted orders according to restrictions and times published on Facebook, or was it Arsemag or some other such nonsense.

Well some of us have nothing to do with Arsemag, nor will we. So off I go to BrewUK who once supplied all my grain and were now beginning to realise that they might of misread the current situation as they disappeared under a snowdrift of orders.

So, while showing all your love for MM and disdain for BrewUK, bear in mind that MM's actions may have inadvertently added to BrewUK's problems. That's "inadvertently" only if (and I very, very, much doubt it!) Rob hasn't been reading up on Richard Branson's (Virgin) techniques for how to destroy competition from irritating smaller companies (Mr Branson forgets Virgin was an irritating smaller company not so long ago).

Finally received my order from Brew uk, I ordered it on the 6/4/20 so 3 weeks, first time I've used them and probably the last..........

It is good to see this thread has moved away from the original BrewUK knocking thread.

I did get caught up in the BrewUK problems, cancelled my order last week ("refund" email, not that I've had a refund yet) and reordered the stuff from MM. The order (mainly grain) was with me within 48 hours. Hooray for Rob at MM? But why was I ordering from BrewUK when I've been ordering from MM for a few years now?

Because MM seeing the building problems had suspended grain orders. And then restarted orders according to restrictions and times published on Facebook, or was it Arsemag or some other such nonsense.

Well some of us have nothing to do with Arsemag, nor will we. So off I go to BrewUK who once supplied all my grain and were now beginning to realise that they might of misread the current situation as they disappeared under a snowdrift of orders.

So, while showing all your love for MM and disdain for BrewUK, bear in mind that MM's actions may have inadvertently added to BrewUK's problems. That's "inadvertently" only if (and I very, very, much doubt it!) Rob hasn't been reading up on Richard Branson's (Virgin) techniques for how to destroy competition from irritating smaller companies (Mr Branson forgets Virgin was an irritating smaller company not so long ago).

The malt miller is supling grain but you have to order after 3-4 o'clock in the afternoon. The thinking behind it is if an order needs crushed grain it takes a lot longer than orders without so they found those orders were making it impossible to fulfill if same day orders needed crushed grain. If you order after 4 o'clock you order will be completed and sent out the next day and as they use DPD orders that need grain will take 48 hours without grain 24 hours. This means no one is let down and know when to expect their order.
Like yourself I don't use faceache but have just gone on to the site after 4 and received my order 2 days later. My only complaint with this system is I buy my grain whole but hey ho in these times 48 hours is fine.

Finally received my order from Brew uk, I ordered it on the 6/4/20 so 3 weeks, first time I've used them and probably the last..........

Did your order status ever change from processing? I also ordered on the 6th and got an email answer from them saying they were processing the orders from the 2nd a couple of days ago. Today mine was still processing.

Ordered malt from get er brewed on the evening of the 17th at it was delivered today (10 days later). They were out of the dry malt extract I ordered so they rang me and swapped it for something else. Not checked the order because I'm at work though.

Ordered malt from get er brewed on the evening of the 17th at it was delivered today (10 days later). They were out of the dry malt extract I ordered so they rang me and swapped it for something else. Not checked the order because I'm at work though.
Blimey they called you thats service.
I ordered on sunday but id cocked up by leaving my old address in.
To make matters worse i forgot to add the dirt cheap gypsum.
Contacted them thru fb messenger a few hours later after correcting my add on theyre website.Told me to order seperate and theyd match up the orders refunding a post delivery.
Weird thing is ive had confirmation of the gypsum order but not the grains which vanished shortly after making the order on the site but the moneys pending in the bank.
Tbf i havent made it easy for them under the circumstances but im bit baffled with how my first order disappeared.
Theyve told me a reciept will be on the dispatch note.
Going by previous threads this coukd be a while.
Just glad ive got enough grains for 1 batch if they're is a wait

Did your order status ever change from processing? I also ordered on the 6th and got an email answer from them saying they were processing the orders from the 2nd a couple of days ago. Today mine was still processing.
When I logged onto the account I'd created and went into orders it was saying 'no orders' so I called them just to make sure the order was placed as they'd taken my money. When I was told my order was being dispatched I thought it may take another couple of days and I'd receive an email(from Brew uk) saying it was with Parcel Force but I didn't get that email for about 3 days, this was on the Friday and PF delivered it 8am Monday morning.

So they've fulfilled your order when all other avenues were unavailable, during a global pandemic where social distancing is affecting staffing levels and all aspects of the supply chain in many industries. And you see that as bad service? Madness.

Last edited:
So they've fulfilled your order when all other avenues were unavailable, during a global pandemic where social distancing is affecting staffing levels and all aspects of the supply chain in many industries. And you see that as bad service? Madness.
IF you have read my previous posts you will have read that it's not the timeframe that was the problem it was the NO communication from them at all and not updating their web page accordingly that annoyed me.

Latest posts

Back