Brupak, Linthwaite Light Ale Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
Brewed this to the makers instructions and barrelled after 7 days in the FV .
Took about 3 weeks to clear properly but was already tasting great after only a week .
Not too hoppy or bitter and a lovely golden colour.
Best kit I've brewed so far and unless I find anything better will definitely be my preferred summer ale.

Started another one of these off yesterday ,fermenting well this morning .

I want to add some elderflowers to this one , I was thinking of gathering some rinsing them off and placing them in either a muslin bag or one of OH's popsocks with a weight and adding them to the must probably on Thursday , intend to keg it next weekend.

Anyone think it will work?

I've just brewed one of these. It's been in bottles for 3 weeks now, batch primed with 5g of sugar per 500ml bottle.

Its a glorious beer, nice ruby colour (not as light as the name might suggest), tastes almost like a Sam Adams american style beer. I've got another 30 bottles left, but suspect they won't last long.

Will be brewing this one again.

I see the Brupaks website advises this kit can be cold fermented using a lager yeast. Anyone tried this?
I'm looking for a good quality kit (or extract recipe) to brew at low temperature over the winter with a genuine lager yeast.

Back