Bucket Buddy (SS) Fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulcford

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone got one of these? I am considering getting one and would appreciate some feedback / reviews.

Thank you all.

I got one back in the summer from BKT... Controls the temperature with a fairly basic set and forget button and then reports on it via the display and I like the simplicity. No frills and the probe is in the bottom and that's where the heating is so there will be some differentials across the height of it

Just made some Wherry in it and held the temperature pretty much rock solid - Tilt works through it and it's one plug for temp control and heating and not 2 so keeps things a bit neater

Graduated markings inside too

I think Tess you got a bad batch as my experience has been alot better - agree on the racking arm I've not bothered using mine for the last 2 batches but the seal on mine is perfect and lids are interchangeable with the Brewzilla 35 and I've got mine under a 27 litre conical jacket so it's nice and cosy and that fits well

I'm a big fan of the Kegland stuff both innovation and price point wise but horses for courses

That is a good deal. My only thought is does it control the temp (as inkbird) or just report it (as thermometer)

No it has an in-built heater, so will heat when required. You'd still need cooling though unless you want the active fermentation to take it over the temps you've set. In my opinion this makes the temp control useless.

I got one as I couldn't afford a GF30 at the time as a kind of substitute, but now wish I'd waited. I have a GF30 now though and it's much better. None of the issues that the cheaper one has.

If its in the uk and you set 19c it will maintain 19c and active fermentation won't (shouldn't) get away for 10 months on the year (due to natural heat loss). You probably will need to add some simple cooling for July & August if we get a good summer.

That deal above is stunning then.

If its in the uk and you set 19c it will maintain 19c and active fermentation won't (shouldn't) get away for 10 months on the year.

I don't think you can guarantee this, there are too many variables. ie. what style of beer is it, how much yeast have you put in, what was the starting temperature etc etc.

I look at it like this, do you want to make good beer or great beer? Strict temperature control is what I prefer with cooling included. but it's up to the OP what he prefers. If he buys something which he later regrets, then he will learn from it.

Everyone has a different idea of what is acceptable.

Personally I don't think that is a good deal as the racking arm is rickety and leaks if you don't tighten it fully up, but if you tighten it fully up then it won't turn, rendering it useless. You are buying something with features you can't use. Another forum member also reports that the weight of the wort pushes the racking arm downwards as well. You have been warned and I can't do any more. I'm out. 🤘

Last edited:
I can only base this on the experience (and physics) of years brewing without cooling.
I setup a chiller coil last year, and to be honest needed it once (used it all the time 😁and it was nice to have) but it has now been packed away for the winter, I will brew without because the ambient temp will make it redundant.

I am no disagreeing with you. Just saying its not mandatory and no cooling doesn't make it a bad deal, its easily and cheaply added.

Back