Building a Shed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, been to the carboot today, and picked up a few pub bits, pics, optics etc, so thats some pictures on the wall, sofa is in, proper amp and speakers too, picture tomorrow!

And after a day with the wife working together in the shed, here's some more pictures, note however, the inside is still not finished to how we want it!

1st picture is of the side of the bar!

2nd one is the dartboard!

3rd one is the seating area and the snug, not finished yet, still got the cushions to get!

4th one, from the sofa side, looking at the game tv and across to the bar!

That's it for now, hope you like them!

mick may said:
hi glenn i have to say if you get up one day and theres some one living in your shed ...
it will be me.... :D ..

i love love love it .... :clap: .

regards mick... :hat: .

:roll:
:hmm:
you will have to get in the queue mick
cos i booked my bed when it started :lol: :lol:

Ok, it's been a while since i have mentioned the exterior of the shed, and at this moment, its covered in a white waterproof membrane, ready for the featherboard that i have waiting to be put up!
However, its untreated wood, so, rather than put the boarding up, and then coat it, i have decided to coat both sides first, before they are put up.

Also, given the size of the shed, it would be quite expensive to buy of the shelf products, such as cuprinol, so....i have been to the local garage, and been given 50 litres of used engine oil, i also bought 6 litres of thinners!!

This will give me a great coating as well as being stupidly cheap!
I have made a ' bath' out of pallets this morning as you can see!

Second picture is some of the boards stacked up drying!

Managed to get 80 done today, but packed up as it's my birthday today!!!!

:drink: :drink: :thumb:

falafael said:
Ok, it's been a while since i have mentioned the exterior of the shed, and at this moment, its covered in a white waterproof membrane, ready for the featherboard that i have waiting to be put up!
However, its untreated wood, so, rather than put the boarding up, and then coat it, i have decided to coat both sides first, before they are put up.

Also, given the size of the shed, it would be quite expensive to buy of the shelf products, such as cuprinol, so....i have been to the local garage, and been given 50 litres of used engine oil, i also bought 6 litres of thinners!!

This will give me a great coating as well as being stupidly cheap!
I have made a ' bath' out of pallets this morning as you can see!

Second picture is some of the boards stacked up drying!

Managed to get 80 done today, but packed up as it's my birthday today!!!!

:drink: :drink: :thumb:

OMG :eek: I clicked on this, and thought somebody was brewing Guinness in a bath :drink:

Well done Glen, at every turn you come up with a new innovation, get it on your CV!!!. Happy birthday and look forward to the next chapters in the shed saga, its these sorts of twists and turns that make this thread so readable..

What a great idea at no or little cost - love it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back