burco boiler issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurp

Reaction score
:wha: I had some issues with burco boiler recently when i get to the boiling stage of brewing it starts playing up by boiling for some many seconds then stopping for about a minute or so then boiling again.At first i suspected the wiring but could not find anything amiss there i then thought may be the element needs descaling which it did so i cleaned it with vinager so it was nice and shinny but all to no avail i am still getting this on and off boiling .I have wired the element so it does not use the simmerstate so in theory it should be always on full power if it is switched on.I have never had another element go like this but i am beginning to think it could only be the element starting to pack in.Anyone else got any ideas or had similar problems :hmm: cheers slurp

Doesn't the element have a trip when it reaches boiling, I think you may have to bypass this.

:wha: Whats confusing me is that i have wired the element directly some time ago completely leaving the simmerstat out of the curcuit.I guess the trip much be in the simmerstat? I had no problems with continuous boiling until recently.unless the trip is part of the element ? in which case why wouldn,t it stop the continuous boiling that i used to get?why would it be activated now.

:thumb: cheers for the replies i reinvestigated the wiring and resoldered the live wire directly to the elements main connector and its boiling continuously ,so the trip is situated on the element itself but can be easily bypassed ,i can only guess there is a reason why the trip is being activated now whereas before it would allow for a continuous boil [my guess is heat damage making the trip more sensitive] well its brewing night tomorrow [dark hefe ]so fingers crossed :cheers:

Latest posts

Back