camping essentials

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zedilly said:
If you are after a decent sized tent something like this is ideal, and a cracking price too. http://www.rutlandoutdoor.com/63719/Gel ... -Tent.html

There is even an additional porch available for extra space.

I've a share in that exact tent and it's superb. A few of us bought it for a stag do and 2 of still use it regularly. It's been used about 4-5 times a year for the past 5 years and still going strong.

Vossy1 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys :thumb: Reason for not wanting a caravan, only place to put it in the back garden is in front of the kitchen window, no way :lol: whereas a trailer tent wouldn't be visible. I also have the ability to store in my garage where a caravan wouldn't fit.
We'd never considered a trailer tent until a neighbour bought one last week. I know there are massive differences in putting up times, but was quite pleasantly surprised by some, like the Camp-let (skip to about 2 mins in)
Towing speeds are bothering me for longer journeys to europe :hmm:
like I said earlier I like tents and caravans equally but for the summer months this really looks like the way ahead, quality piece of kit that!! Would still prefer a caravan for the winter fishing trips though.

Tim_Crowhurst said:
Zedilly said:
bobsbeer said:
Best idea is sell the tent and get a caravan. Loads of room. No beds to blow up, dry, warm, and you don't need to put the tent up when you get there. :thumb:

It's warm and dry in my tent, I have much more room than you in your caravan, plus I don't need to get my tent serviced and it fits in my loft so I don't need to pay to store it. Add in to this the extra speed on the journey by not towing a caravan and by the time you'd arrived my tent would be up anyway. I really don't see why caravanners look down on camping so much.

My parents use a caravan because (in their words) they're too old for canvas (They're 63 & 69) plus it lets them have the dogs in with them at night if it gets cold. Plus mum has cooked roast dinner for two dozen in her caravan before. Everything was pre-prepared, but even so you'd need to bring very bulky extra equipment (or build it if your cobbing skills are good) to do a roast dinner that big in a tent.

No that's what the local 2 for a tenner pub is for.
Carry on camping not holding traffic up

Back