Can someone clear up this recipe for me?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck, a ginger beer would be good for Christmas, I'm gonna have a go at a gallon of this over the weekend. I've got Amber malt, I think it's probably Crisp's
Using English ingredients:
10 lb Crisp's Best Pale at 3 L
2.5 lb Crisp's Amber Malt 27.5 L
....As far as I can tell, it's spot on.

So Amber is your "Toasted Malt". Crisps is a good match, Minch is a bit darker, Fawcett's is much too dark.

Job done.

What the heck, a ginger beer would be good for Christmas, I'm gonna have a go at a gallon of this over the weekend. I've got Amber malt, I think it's probably Crisp's
Me too. I've even got some ginger in the fridge pending a post-diet chicken phaal. I haven't seen ginger beer in France and I used to enjoy it.
Come to think of it, a bit if chilli, coriander, cardamom and fenugreek as well wouldn't go amiss. Perfect beer for curry. You'd only need a bowl of rice and some poppadoms. 😋😋

I did a version of this today with 150g of ginger in a gallon which is roughly the same as the 1 kilo in 19L, so a lot of ginger. Ended up a bit of a user-upper recipe.

Now thinking about what food I can add the 'spent' ginger to
Screenshot_20221120-183442-514.png

Hi Guys, this is my Autumn Ginger brew.
4 UK gall, mash 15L Sparge 16L.
7bs 11oz No 19
6 1/2 oz Crystal 30
13oz Cara Belge
mash 50c, 63c 30 min, 70c 20min, 77c 10 min.
1lb 2oz Dark Muscovado at end of boil.
6oz root ginger finely chopped and lightly bashed 60 min.
6oz root ginger ditto at 15min.
1/2 protoflock at 15min.
collected 5.5gall before boil.
scant 4 galls after boil.
og1053, yeast 013 London much reharvested, fg1005

brewed July 9th, about ready now.

you gotta like ginger!!! It is a Winter Warmer…..

mike.

I did a version of this today with 150g of ginger in a gallon which is roughly the same as the 1 kilo in 19L, so a lot of ginger. Ended up a bit of a user-upper recipe.

Now thinking about what food I can add the 'spent' ginger to
View attachment 78031
Ok I’m calling you the ginger pioneer! Seriously mate I take my hat off to you I’ve chickened out and gone for a smash!
Please let me know how this turns out keep us all posted!

Back