Car engine question..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Question for home mechanics if I may!
My sons 62 plate 1.2 petrol Corsa had engine light so took it to the garage I use,fuel trim air leak issue..he looked but couldn't see,so reset and said to return if it come back..no charge.
Anyway..it came back on so I borrowed my mates obd2 and got the code P1701,fuel trim,googled it,YouTube, most common fault was the purge valve,so ordered Vauxhall part,£26,fitted,works, engine quieter..there was noise from the damaged valve clicking..old valve I could blow air through both ways so definitely knackered.
Right..I'm going on a bit..my issue..removing the pipes I damaged the small green plastic U clip that secures the "out" hose...I've pushed the clip back and cannot pull the hose off so it's secure...I hope! I thought it would be better to replace the clip..and there's the problem! I simply can't source one unless I get the whole hose..with clip..from Vauxhall! Either that of its the scrap yard. Anyone in the know on clips? We've been out for a whizz round and all seems fine.

If its the pipe needs securing a small tie might do it Clint. Just a thought

Jubilee clip. They come in a big range of sizes. Our agricultural supplies place sell them or I suppose eBay.

The clip is a plastic U shape with barbs on the ends that prevent the outlet tube off the purge valve pulling out of the tube you push it in. If that makes sense? So I cannot secure the pipe with and external jubilee type clip. It seems secure but I don't know how pressurised the air going through the solenoid will be so don't know if it'll blow off. The "in" side is 90 degree and is just push fit but can't go anywhere as the valve is mounted on a bracket trapping it there. I'll keep digging...

Latest posts

Back