Quantcast
  • LoveBrewing Giveaway

Check the thread to see whose name was chosen!!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day

Cherry Sauce in a Simply Export Stout

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Bizzo

Reaction score
1611662148006 (1).jpg1611662148015 (1).jpg

Hi, I have a bottle of Costa Coffee Cherry Sauce 1 litre in the cupboard unopened and was wondering can I add it to a Simply Export Stout to add flavor. If so, do I have to boil it before adding to the mixture?

I have had a read of the ingredients and it says:- Water, Sugar, Sour Cherry Puree, Fructose, Black Cherry Juice from concentrate, Cornflour, Apple Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavouring, Lemon Juice. It also has colouring E163 and Potassium Sorbate Preservative.

Plan was to add malt extract and due wondered if I could add the cherry sauce. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given it's got preservative I think you may have to boil it..I think I'd just add a bit to some bottles instead of priming sugar and see what happens.

Pirate_Pete

Landlord.
Reaction score
View attachment 40245View attachment 40246

Hi, I have a bottle of Costa Coffee Cherry Sauce 1 litre in the cupboard unopened and was wondering can I add it to a Simply Export Stout to add flavor. If so, do I have to boil it before adding to the mixture?

I have had a read of the ingredients and it says:- Water, Sugar, Sour Cherry Puree, Fructose, Black Cherry Juice from concentrate, Cornflour, Apple Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavouring, Lemon Juice. It also has colouring E163 and Potassium Sorbate Preservative.

Plan was to add malt extract and due wondered if I could add the cherry sauce. Thanks in advance for any tips!
It's been a while since I thought about adding stuff like this, but from memory the Potassium Sorbate
might kill the yeast. Some of mine didn't ferment even after boiling.

LeeH

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add to taste to a glass then scale it up and do the whole batch after fermentation?

Bizzo

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies and advise, I'll try adding to a few bottles at priming stage instead of at the beginning, and trying a few more by adding at drinking stage, see what there like.