Chuck box anyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I often end up somewhere and keep a simple kitchen on the boot.

Anyone else keep a chuck box in the back of their truck?

Last edited:
I had to google that one.

What is in a chuck box?

A chuck box is essentially a kitchen in a box. It stores your cooking stove, fuel, pots, pans, utensils, and food.

DIY Camp Chuck Box | The Filson Journal

I dont carry anything like that but i used to work with a lad who used to fish a lot hated tea made in a flask so he carried a small stove similar to the one below with him so he could make a fresh brew when he wanted using dry sticks.

1695153214600.png

Mine is similar to the top one, made with a wine box and a jetboil stove.

Very handy. Hot food, propper tea, boiling water and traffic jams!

We do when we road trip! We hate stopping and buying food. Much more fun to make our own!

Last edited:
I got stuck in snow on the motorway many years ago - no food, no extra clothes, no drink, nothing. Since then I've always carried a stove, water, clothes and some sort of rehydratable food to cook.

Yes..spare clothes..a good point! When fishing I leave lots of spare stuff in the car...gas,stove(since burning through a stove pipe...very entertaining!),clothes and fishing weights...I only carry one spare weight per rod as coz they're 3.5 or 4oz each it soon adds up!

I got stuck in snow on the motorway many years ago - no food, no extra clothes, no drink, nothing. Since then I've always carried a stove, water, clothes and some sort of rehydratable food to cook.
Absolutely. My claim too fame in I have slept on thy M11

Latest posts

Back