Chugger pumps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BREWERS DROOP

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am looking for a transfer pump to use from the mash tun to the boil kettle,without the price tag of a chugger pump.Has anyone got any recommendations.

I use these cheap water pumps from China. They work ok. Really cheap.

If you want cheap then get a solar pump of eBay. They are small brown ones and It's the ones from china mentioned above. Solar pump also have an authentic website that you can buy one from which you can Google.

If you want a good pump but don't want to pay for a chugger I got the TS5 mini mag from brew builder. The pump is £48.50 and the plug adaptor is another £9 I think. It's a magnetic drive pump so you can throttle it like the chugger

https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/pumps.html

Hope that helps

I notice most pumps come with a 'do not run dry warning' are they fiddly to prime or does gravity usually do the job? Might be a silly question but I'm always cautious when it comes to liquid ... devious stuff that never seems to want to go where I want to get it!

They are a little bit more expensive but I highly recommend chugger pumps. I've got one, had it for years and hasn't skipped a beat. I use it on a 130L system running boiling wort and water through it without any issues.

I used to use a couple of cheaper pumps and have eventually failed on me.

But once, buy right IMO. I wouldn't hesitate to replace my chugger if I needed to.

Send it my way????? Doubt it!!! (Emoji of me crying me to sleep!!)

Well chugger pump arrived to day,and it states on the pump 110v???? manual states 110 to 220v is this right for a 240v uk supply:nono: anyone got the same pump?

Some things are designed to take 110V or 220V, some things ARE NOT! I wouldn't plug it in until you are told it's OK for sure.

Has it a plug? Items sold in the UK for the UK will have a 3-pin UK plug which will give some comfort. If not, or has 2-pin (US) plug, well...

Start the process of returning it (an email first?), it's within 14 days you have every right to (distance selling). That will be the quickest way of getting a response of whether it is good to connect to 240V mains or not.

As a last resort, you can get 220V to 110V step down adapters.

240V? 220V? I'm not sure either actually exists? Voltage tends to fluctuate a bit from day-to-day and equipment should cope with this, the values given (220, 230 ,240V) will have some historical reason for being marked up as such. UK is nominally 230V.

I emailed chugger in the US and await a reply,it's got a 3 pin plug what looks like a euro plug?? So will wait for a reply first,but the manual states 110 to 220??

Well what a fiasco,this chugger is no use for the uk 115v only,Chugger emailed to say that its not the 230v version.So i emailed the person i bought it from on Flea Bay,and stated its not compatable for the uk,and would be returning it for a refund,then they got a little stroppy with me,cut a long story short,finally got all my money back after ebay resolution.Now i have a chugger pump i want to get rid of,theres apparently a step up transformer but i dont want to be fiddling with extra wires an sockets.

Well what a fiasco,this chugger is no use for the uk 115v only,Chugger emailed to say that its not the 230v version.So i emailed the person i bought it from on Flea Bay,and stated its not compatable for the uk,and would be returning it for a refund,then they got a little stroppy with me,cut a long story short,finally got all my money back after ebay resolution.Now i have a chugger pump i want to get rid of,theres apparently a step up transformer but i dont want to be fiddling with extra wires an sockets.

Want to send it my way? I'll pay.

,finally got all my money back after ebay resolution.Now i have a chugger pump i want to get rid of,theres apparently a step up transformer but i dont want to be fiddling with extra wires an sockets.

Have they not asked you to return it having refunded the money?

No,I was given an email to say that the pump didn't need to be returned? Issued a full refund,and when looked at the flea bay account from PayPal he doesn't give a registered address,and when asked for his address I was issued a refund.Still on eBay but nothing for sale.When the pump arrived it had an invoice with the company it came from,emailed them,as the name on the invoice was not the name of the seller.Also he's got a feedback from someone who states he has used a fraudulent credit card,so he seems dodgy to say the least kmarketing2012 is the seller.

This is the reply I got fro eBay
This return is now completed
The seller refunded US $169.81 to your original payment method in PayPal. You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. PayPal transaction 0JE05657GU305572Y

Latest posts

Back