CO2 prices in your areas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows where to buy a CO2 in Edinburgh area? Not easy here, except if you want to travel at least 35 miles and not to be sure to get one.
y
Hi Bantju, I picked up a 6.35kg cylinder of CO2 yesterday from Lothian Supplies Company in Livingston. Cist me £85 for my first cylinder with gas and current refill price quoted was £10. The problem I had previously was that they didn't have any cylinders, but looks like they have some in stock again.

y
Hi Bantju, I picked up a 6.35kg cylinder of CO2 yesterday from Lothian Supplies Company in Livingston. Cist me £85 for my first cylinder with gas and current refill price quoted was £10. The problem I had previously was that they didn't have any cylinders, but looks like they have some in stock again.
Thanks mate, I will definitely check!

Just for comparison, here in Spain I've just blagged an empty bottle from a bar that was closing down, and my "local" bar got it refilled for €30..... For 12kg..... Rip-off Britain, all the way.....

Hardly. My refills are £20 and my cylinder would have been free if I had nicked it.
Didn't steal it, was given it.... £20=€23, so assuming yours is a 6?35kg bottle, that's €3.62/kg. Mines 12kg, so €2.5/kg....

Didn't steal it, was given it.... £20=€23, so assuming yours is a 6?35kg bottle, that's €3.62/kg. Mines 12kg, so €2.5/kg....
Never said you did, but wither way you end up with a free cylinder.
I just thought it was weird to conclude with "Rip Off Britain", but I now realise you were baiting, and I took the bait 😂

Just got a refill from my nearest store in Inverness (100 Mile away) - about £41+VAT for a refill for 6.35kg (although they deliver for free). Same as last December but over double what it was prior. Gonna have to start keg conditioning I think 🧐

Ouch just paid 215 NZ dollar for a 6kg refill and cylinder check,
Going to make sure I get a refill in Nov 2028 so I don't get stung on the check.
215 dollars about 105 pounds.

Looks to me as if you DID suggest I stole it. Notwithstanding, I still say you're getting ripped off in Britain, if you look at the prices...

£12 for a 6kg, from the supplier of the bar that hosts our homebrew club. No deposit or mither with needing a bottle, just return the empties when done.

Latest posts

Back