CO2 Regulator problems

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_S

Reaction score
My Mk4 Kegland co2 regulator seems to be misbehaving. If I need to set it to say 30psi when sealing kegs, the gauge responds really slowly in getting to the set pressure, and more often than not it tends to overshoot by a few pounds when it eventually gets there. When I then connect a keg to pressurise it, it too takes an age to register the pressure, but never gets to the pressure I set.

Faulty regulator or blockages somewhere ??”

Problem is that it’s not serviceable in any way, is it?

Have you somehow got beer in it? If you have could be gummed up from that.

I managed to get beer in my ODL regulator early on due to not thinking things through when dropping the pressure on a keg. Easy enough to dismantle and clean, there's not much to them really:

Don’t recall having any blow back, but will investigate tonight. The ODL looks simple enough, can’t see any screws in the photographs of the Kegland branded ones though.

Have you somehow got beer in it? If you have could be gummed up from that.

I managed to get beer in my ODL regulator early on due to not thinking things through when dropping the pressure on a keg. Easy enough to dismantle and clean, there's not much to them really:

After a couple of near misses I fitted a non-return valve to my gas-in disconnect - the groaning noise it makes is a little disconcerting at first but it's worth it I think...

Evening update:
Managed to disassemble the unit after a lot of swearing. It was bone dry, no gunk of any sort. Removed all the components, quick rub down with a dry cloth and reassembled.

hey presto, working as should be, very strange indeed.

Back