Co2 supplier recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Burlison

Reaction score
Hi peeps. My first brew in over a decade is bubbling away and I am planning on going the corny keg route for dispensing. Does anyone have any reccomendations on who I could use for the CO2 bottles (3kg or 6kg).
I live in sunderland but I'm in a joint venture with my son who lives in barrow in furness, so somewhere near either of those 2 centres would be great.
Thanks

Hi,
I am thinking about going down this route and am searching for gas sources before I spend on equipment. I have found a few gas suppliers around but most sound like suppliers of industrial gasses. Will any Co2 do the job or do I need food grade gas?

Supposedly, food-grade gas is guaranteed to be free of contaminants, but welding gas is not. I'm not sure how true this is in practice - the manufacturing process may remove most contaminants anyway. To be honest, I switched back from using gas / corny kegs. It's a lot of kit, and finding gas was always a hassle. I now bottle into 1 liter fliptops.

Thanks for that information. Using bottles take me back 40 years and I remember it had good results - beer never went flat, unlike sometimes happens before you reach the bottom of the barrel. However I also remember the time washing out and filling the bottles. Now I have space constraints and a corny keg seemed an ideal solution.
Since my post I have found a gas supplier only 12 miles away. The company is called Adamsgas and they have quite a few depots around UK. They also sell food grade gas and what they call “beer gas”
Thank again for your contribution.

Latest posts

Back