Co2 triple regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx4100

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I bought this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

I was thinking from the description I could just hook it up straight to the Co2 Cylinder but the dial on the far right only goes up to 250psi and the other dials only go up to 140psi (or there abouts). So am I right in presuming I need an additional regulator between this on and the cylinder given the cylinder is at something like 3200psi (thats what it says on the side of the bottle) ?

Cheers

The dial on the far right will show the pressure in the gas cylinder.
The output pressure from the 3 outlets can be adjusted using the screws.

That wasn't really my question... but thanks anyway...

The dial on the right only goes up to 250 psi... the cylinder is 3200 psi... That is a massive mismatch.

Do I need something in between the cylinder and this regulator is the question.

It certainly appears to be designed to connect directly to a CO2 cylinder. The far right dial even has the red band at the lower end of the PSI range to indicate when the cylinder is getting low. And If it was designed to have a primary regulator in front of it, I have no idea how you'd connect the hose/nut to it.

But as you say, the dials to indicate the cylinder pressure normally go up to a few thousand PSI. Are you sure the units on that dial are PSI, not x10 PSI or something weird like that?

Have you tried asking the seller how they used it?

Sorry!! Today's idiot award goes to me!!!

Its 250 BAR!!! not PSI... I am a prat :)

Sorry guys...

Yeah I asked Norm via Ebay and he confirmed I was being an idiot :)

:whistle:

Good luck trying to accurately dial in your carbonation pressure with that. I've had one and it's a nightmare.

The scale is totally wrong for beer serving IMHO.

K

Look at the secondary scale. Goes in big increments. How you going to dial in 17psi for example?

You need to get your carbonation pressure accurate to give beer the correct fizz. For dispense it's not as big a deal as you can dial that based on what's coming out the tap.

Sorry to **** on your chips but thought I'd say before you spray foam all over the garage!

K

Thats the same as the one I have feeding my kegerator, I dont seem to have a problem setting it to 5psi for serving although to be honest I would prefer the 3 secondary gauges to have had smaller increments.

could you not use a needle valve? I use a needle valve on my aquarium to regulate further and they can be picked up for a couple of quid on ebay.

Should be fairly easy to source and replace the dials.

I have a single one (2 stage) version of these and it came with a 60PSI gauge. This is what is recommended... your gauge should be able to read twice your maximum pressure. and 30PSI is force carbing pressure. Still doesn't make it easy to get exactly 6 or 9 PSI, but I imagine it's better that trying it with a 140PSI guage.

I have the same one

I find it very accurate and easy to use. I serve at 3-5psi and have no problem with that. You could get new dials if you really wanted.

I have not had need too.

Thanks,

D

i had to pull the gas hose off my reg, the fittings are sealed and it took 2 of us and a 4 ft lever to break the thread seal.. u can just stick a 2ndary gauge inline a lot easier, 1/4"bsp to 3/8" jg fitting and a 1/4" bsp f/f socket and ptfe tape will allow u to fit a gauge with a 1/4" bsp connection thread to gasline, and a T or Y will let u put it inline wherever u want.. or make 1 up to tune your regs 1 at a time.

Darcey said:
I have the same one

I find it very accurate and easy to use. I serve at 3-5psi and have no problem with that. You could get new dials if you really wanted.

I have not had need too.

Thanks,

D

+1, I have the same.

Dial in 15psi for an ale for up to a week then serve at up to 5psi, very easy to use, no problems here!

Also easy to use with the Blichmann beer gun.

:thumb:

Back