Complete Newbie after advice again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hightower

Reaction score
Hi again I've just received the Northern brewer starter kit from brew hawk with the block party amber ale kit, would the kit be in US or UK gallons as I don't want to mess up thanks

If it's a US kit its likely to be in US gallons. The equivalent kit of parts supplied by Amazon in the UK is in US gallons (look it up). If you are not sure why not ask the supplier or even the manufacturer.

I've recently brewed the very same kit! (Bottles are currently conditioning)

It's all in US Gal, and all the temps are degsF, which frankly I found a pain in the hole!

A few tips:
1. Check the yeast is in date, and it might be worth checking on here if it's enough - I'm not sure if 6g dry yeast is enough for ~22L
2. Get yourself a thermometer and a hydrometer & trial jar
3. The magic syphon thing in my kit was rubbish - for bottling I ended up syphoning the old fashioned way!
4. Manage your expectations - the couple of bottles I tried were ok but only ok, rather sickly sweet. Maybe you'll have better luck than me - worst case, you've got all the gear you need to give all grain a go for brew #2 ;-)

Back