Completely new to Wine creation - Little advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and used copper kettle home brewing as they do tubs, best to stock up lol

Phil Aberaman said:
apart from the Glycerine, im struggling to find that at our local Asda/Tesco

This isn't essential, even less so if you are going to leave it for a little while to mellow by itself.

Leo

I ordered everything online, but delivery was pretty quick. Must have been looking in the wrong place in merthyr Wilkos as could only find complete kits...

Paultakespics said:
I ordered everything online, but delivery was pretty quick. Must have been looking in the wrong place in merthyr Wilkos as could only find complete kits...

Hi Paul

All the accessories /additives are in the middle of the kits . i got everything i needed except the Glycerine .
If your suck for anything try Trealaw Post office, hes been running an Home brew shop from there since i was a little un.

tbh i wouldnt bother with glycerin i added it to mine and i reckon it was better before it went in-sweetens it a bit much-im also trying to avoid using sorbate-definately can taste in some wines (still glycerin came in useful for making a frozen yeast bank)

Ive found Glycerin in our local Indian, good post Wilsoa, i can see it adding to the taste, it has a bit of sweetness , i love red wine so i may add it to that just for its glass clinging properties ;0)

Hi all

Just a quick one... Im doing a wilko brew on side of the wow... Just got to day 3 and topped it up to the 4.5 litre with cooled down boiled water.

Just placed it in the dj.. And ita going mental with bubbles.. Had to replace the stopper twice as the wake went in it lol

This normal? I guess its the yeast multiplying a bit more??

Neo

Latest posts

Back