Cooling without an immersion cooler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant when you brew your own from AG, how do you get an accurate BBE, I? know darker beers are pretty much engineered for aging but IPA's aren't.

I don't think you can (for an IPA). I think It's more a case of recommended BBE based on previous experience of when the hop flavours/aroma's fade. The beer itself can last quite a while like any other AG brew

I meant when you brew your own from AG, how do you get an accurate BBE, I? know darker beers are pretty much engineered for aging but IPA's aren't.
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ahhh!

I've found my ipa's at 6-8% best drunk 6-8 weeks of bottling. After that is fine but don't expect all the hops to hang around.

Wheat beers 5-8% supposedly best drunk young 4-6 weeks? but i've had a 5 month old beer that was lovely.

the trick as always when trying out a new recipe is to drink one from the batch at certain intervals a note if they're getting better or worse. If you start to find a batch going downhill quick, arrange a party :-D to finish them off.

Dark beers around 6% i've done 3 now definitely improve with age. They become less sweet and more complex. Not that they can't be drunk young :cheers:

ahhh!

I've found my ipa's at 6-8% best drunk 6-8 weeks of bottling. After that is fine but don't expect all the hops to hang around.

Wheat beers 5-8% supposedly best drunk young 4-6 weeks? but i've had a 5 month old beer that was lovely.

the trick as always when trying out a new recipe is to drink one from the batch at certain intervals a note if they're getting better or worse. If you start to find a batch going downhill quick, arrange a party :-D to finish them off.

Dark beers around 6% i've done 3 now definitely improve with age. They become less sweet and more complex. Not that they can't be drunk young :cheers:

Excellent thanks for the advice :) not that there is any of my first IPA left, my friends and I have went through it all in a matter of days
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Latest posts

Back