Coopers Australian Pale Ale?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe if youve never tried using campden you dont know any different

nothing to loose by trying them so ill let you know if it does make a difference :thumb:

aneray said:
I've never yet had the "TCP" smell or taste in my brews - maybe I'm just lucky.

You are lucky Sonicfishcake. I'm from your neck of the woods, I lived in Immingham as a kid. I brought my family up last year and had a day out at 'Meggies'. Its still the same, white chips, the toilets near the pier still stink of p##s and the Humber is like Oxtail Soup.

Do they still have the strippers on at the pub on the seafront on Sunday lunchtimes :whistle: .

Cheers Neil

Yeah nothing's changed much, don't recommend anyone come here for the day unless they want to see how seaside towns used to look before electricity was invented ;)

I cracked open the first tester today after 4 weeks in the bottle and I'm very impressed. I'm a lager drinker and the pale ale is more bitter in a pleasant way without being too much for me.

Def. one to try again and play about with (this time was just 500g DME and 500 brewing sugar).

on the campden tablet note now that peopole have mentioned it, in my first brew i made of geordie bitter that has a sour taste to it which could actually be the reaction from the water but dont know what to compare it to as thats my first ever brew.

the coopers pale ale is now in the barell and i used half a campden for the water in that brew so well have to see what thats like.

whats the best way to use the campden do you disolve it in a small amount of water then add the rest or just drop half a tab in the lot and wait till it dissolves?

so just drop half a tab in the amount of water ur using then and leave it for a bit

Latest posts

Back