Coopers english bitter dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjh

Reaction score
For my next brew I'm planning on pimping a coopers english bitter. I want to keep it traditional and dry hop with fuggles and east kent goldings, but I'm not sure what quantities to use (my first time modding a kit). I just want a good traditional bitter, not a hop bomb. Any advice?

Thanks.

For my next brew I'm planning on pimping a coopers english bitter. I want to keep it traditional and dry hop with fuggles and east kent goldings, but I'm not sure what quantities to use (my first time modding a kit). I just want a good traditional bitter, not a hop bomb. Any advice?

Thanks.
Why not just use one or the other? and what amount are you brewing,ie the recommended quantity or brewing it short?.

I would stick with a reasonably conservative amount 35-50 grams of probably one of them (for a standard 23L batch) if it is your first time.. I don't think you will create a hop bomb doing it, it is not easy to make a hop bomb with English hops they do not seem to attribute themselves in the same way..

I used a hop tea bag from bulldog brews which contained fuggles and goldings and left in fv for 5 days in a kilner bitter kit very nice tasting too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why not just use one or the other? and what amount are you brewing,ie the recommended quantity or brewing it short?.
My vast expertise (5mins on google) led me to believe it was the classic combination for bitter. I was thinking of brewing to 23ltr with 1kg coopers be2.

My vast expertise (5mins on google) led me to believe it was the classic combination for bitter. I was thinking of brewing to 23ltr with 1kg coopers be2.
Not too sure if you will gain much from two of them in a dry hop in a kit!, plus you don't know what hops were in the can in the first place, having said that probably most of any hopiness originally in the can wouldn't be too evident anyway but hey it's your beer, sooooooooooooo:thumb:

i used 50g of fuggles for 23L turned out very nice indeed not to much not to little, just about right imo :thumb:

I would use both, they are great when used together. They do give that quintessential English bitter flavour and aroma. Around 50g total would be a good amount without being too overpowering.

I use 1kg Light Dry Malt when I make this.

The only time I hopped it was when I made a hop tea and added it at bottling stage. I used 25 grams EKG.
It was OK, but I'm not sure it was worth it. I have a couple of English mates who live close by.
Coopers English Bitter & a kilo of malt is one they both ask for when they come around.

Latest posts

Back