Cornie arrived regulator on way BUT where to get co2?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crofty83 said:
crofty83 said:
I did get this beauty for £20 though :-)
50c0e74e-9f35-55db.jpg

The disconnects are £20 new! Lol bargain!

It's only the last 2 years that I've needed Co2 (thanks to having cornies) but we read over and over again on the forum from guys having problems with getting gas. I tried the local BOC and was told "NO way sunshine" we don't deal with home brewers, only companies.
I did get a bottle in the end, which is the one I now have and will need a refill very soon. That's the next problem finding someone that will refill it.
I've found this firm....N.W.S Gases - Gas Suppliers in Nuneaton CV11 6BY and will be giving them a ring any day now.
Also found this..Site so will be ringing them as well, fingers crossed.

I have a list of Fire Extinguisher services/fillers to ring to see if they will fill the ones I have. If not then I think it may be a trip to Norm or BOC on the cards.

Also PM'd Aleman to see if he knows anyone in this area but he hasn't got back to me yet (we live 10 miles apart)

I'd love to know what deals people have with BOC. I've just been quoted £78 a year in the rental and £13 for the gas

Crofty,

I was upfront with them as to my circumstances and it's 18.50 plus vat per fill and 2.50 plus vat a month rental. And they deliver. Although as I mentioned elswhere I asked for it to start ASAP as I have a brew to keg but they are delivering end of month. I might ring on Monday and see if they can be quicker!

Don't forget about Air Products, not dealt with them as a private individual but have dealt with them through previous employers, they can be cheaper than BOC.

Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread but I have a similar problem. I bought my 2kg bottle off Norm last year and it's only now running out. I want to make sure I can hook up a new bottle from http://gascylindersuk.co.uk/shop/index. ... &cat_id=18 to my regulator - can anyone confirm or deny?

Also do beverage cylinders have dip tubes? They've got an offer on one which has.

You don't want a CO2 cylinder with a dip tube for homebrew, That is for dispensing liquid CO2 like a CO2 fire extinguisher. You may find a fire extinguisher service company that will sell you a cylinder (co2 extinguisher) with the dip tube removed and a tap fitted, if you do then they will also do refills for you.

I get my gas from the guys that run http://www.chickengear.co.uk/ as they are just up the road from me. £25 for a full 20lb tank with no rental. Forgot to ask how much refills are but I'm guessing it may be cheaper than that when exchanging cylinders.

+1 re the guys that mentioned the hydroponics shops... Got mine from a business local to me in South Yorks. and was charged £30 and no rental.... Take it back pay £15 and exchange the empty cylinder for a full one... Simples!!!

i got a bottle 2nd hand with my cornies and asked the landlord of my local if he could get me an exchange on his next delivery. last time it only cost me £9 ;)

I got my gas from these guys

http://www.uk.airliquide.com/en/contact ... nts-4.html

It's real drink dispense grade co2 so no worries about quality. The charged a £40 deposit and then the refills are about £15 for 14kg which has lasted me over a year already. They even deliver for free.

Nice thing about have cheap gas is that you can use as much as you need. I use gas to aid with cleaning by forcing cleaning, sterilising and rinsing solution through the pipes and kegs fittings.

Latest posts

Back