Corny Scales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ordered some cheap load cells from Amazon, to make a simple WiFi-connected weighing pad to keep track of how full my Corny's are (or aren't...)

Anyone played with these before?

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 19.46.44.png

Interesting, at the moment I just keep a tally of what I've drunk on the front of the fridge with a whiteboard marker but as an embedded software engineer with a hardware background I keep thinking I should be putting my skills to things other than work 😁 Would be cool to have some sort of real-time indication via a display on the fridge and would get round the "oh that keg's run out early" moment as I've failed to chalk up a few when I've had a few.

I've thought about this before but never really looked into it. I look forward to hearing how you get on.
Likewise. I'll keep watching with interest. I'm certainly not going to spend £100 on a plato keg, and I like to learn thorugh this sort of project.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes athumb..

Interesting, at the moment I just keep a tally of what I've drunk on the front of the fridge with a whiteboard marker but as an embedded software engineer with a hardware background I keep thinking I should be putting my skills to things other than work 😁 Would be cool to have some sort of real-time indication via a display on the fridge and would get round the "oh that keg's run out early" moment as I've failed to chalk up a few when I've had a few.
Pi connected to flow meter, temperature probes, bar lighting, relay for the fridge and two small screens that show each kegs details.

Python running the fridge based on temperature probes and recording data to the database.

Web server with PHP pages pulling from a database of the sensors data.

I'm thinking about setting up a web cam that snaps a photo every time I pull a pint

I've coded up for something similar. They were a bit more 'industrial' and I ditched them as they were not reliable and changed with temperature fluctuations.
I guess in a steady temperature environment such as a keezer they would fit the bill though👍

Back