Covid booster: Who will get another jab this autumn?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Dr Campbell's covid updates until he correctly said that you shouldn't extrapolate future data from graph lines... and then did it anyway.
I allow him some leeway his mistakes are pretty obvious to me. So if you see a rise in covid19 in sewage you can extrapolate there is an increase of covid in the community or am I missing something? However this assumption is not fact until confirmed by further data. There's no harm in forecasting if you make it clear its not fact.

I allow him some leeway his mistakes are pretty obvious to me. So if you see a rise in covid19 in sewage you can extrapolate there is an increase of covid in the community or am I missing something? However this assumption is not fact until confirmed by further data. There's no harm in forecasting if you make it clear its not fact.

It's in this video. He draws a line off the existing graph confidently saying that the number of new cases will be higher than the previous peak. He speculates that cases could go to 50,000, or maybe 100,000 or maybe 150,000+ cases per day, when he admits right at the beginning that you shouldn't do this.

In reality the cases were below the previous peak by about 25%, so his whole analysis was pointless.

I'd take medical advice from him, but he has a lot to understand about statistics.

I bet you know the ingredients in your brew though.

Keep it going guys. You’ll be “safe” soon. Your government loves you.👍🏻
Mr Munton does but he won't share it with me.

Keep it going guys. You’ll be “safe” soon. Your government loves you

Did you register to discuss brewing or to express your concern for members health?

Last edited:
I had covid 4 weeks after my 2nd vaccine dose, so I’m well aware that you can still get it with the vaccine. But it was quite mild - no breathing difficulties at all.

Personally though I feel that the vaccine is like a car airbag. Some people still get hurt in a car crash, some people even get hurt by the air bag. But the vast majority of people have a lot better result with an airbag than they would without it in a car crash.

I’d take a booster if it were offered to me, but I’m not eligible.

Instead I’m working to get covid fit, so I’m less susceptible to the illness (or another) when it comes along.
I really like the analogy with air bags. You’ve really hit the nail on the head. Can I just ask I what you’re doing to get COVID fit. Are you taking vitamin D3 plus K which helps the body absorb it?

That information is not available to the general public, yet you couldn't sell a bag of crisps without the ingredients clearly stated by law.
Even then they were allowed for a short period to not have to bin all their old packaging when they couldn't get sunflower oil and had to use rapeseed instead. Rapeseed is said to be a better oil for you than sunflower, it was just that sunflower was cheaper.

1663752078856.png

scary thing is lard & dripping are better than some vegetable oils ashock1

I really like the analogy with air bags. You’ve really hit the nail on the head. Can I just ask I what you’re doing to get COVID fit. Are you taking vitamin D3 plus K which helps the body absorb it?
Losing weight, getting more exercise.

Covid caused me to fall into a few bad habits, so I've undone those, and replacing them with some good ones.

I have previously taken Vitamin D, but I get plenty of sunlight year round from walking the dog and I took a test a couple of years ago during the winter that showed I had a perfectly good level of Vitamin D.

Just had my 4th jab even though I swore I would never have another one. The folk at the vac centre really behave like a bunch of power crazed to&&ers in their yellow jackets, spraying everyone with alco gel and wearing paper masks outside. Virtue signalling idiots - drives me mad.

The folk at the vac centre really behave like a bunch of power crazed to&&ers in their yellow jackets, spraying everyone with alco gel and wearing paper masks outside. Virtue signalling idiots - drives me mad.
You can add that to the reasons i gave earlier in the thread for not going this time.

You won't believe what Ive just seen - woman walking her greyhound, which has a muzzle - and she has a paper mask dangling around her neck. The world has TRUELY gone absolutely bonkers mad.

Just had my 4th jab even though I swore I would never have another one. The folk at the vac centre really behave like a bunch of power crazed to&&ers in their yellow jackets, spraying everyone with alco gel and wearing paper masks outside. Virtue signalling idiots - drives me mad.
I think you many find that the vaccine centre staff take matters seriously because there are a large number of Immune suppressed people who are having their vaccines and the measures in place, are also there to protect them.

Furthermore, many of the staff, who you unfairly compared to power crazed toddlers, are volunteers, who do this for free, and are guided by the relevant Health Boards, and thus, they are just doing what they’ve been told to protect the health and well being of EVERYONE.

I think you many find that the vaccine centre staff take matters seriously because there are a large number of Immune suppressed people who are having their vaccines and the measures in place, are also there to protect them.

Furthermore, many of the staff, who you unfairly compared to power crazed toddlers, are volunteers, who do this for free, and are guided by the relevant Health Boards, and thus, they are just doing what they’ve been told to protect the health and well being of EVERYONE.
My experience is I had to ask 2 volunteers to keep 2m away from me because I WAS vulnerable. "oh yes, sorry was the usual replay". I'm fixed now until my replacement veins clog up in 2045 just around the BBE date for a boon mariage parfait I have down the shed in fact. I wonder which of us will croak first 🤔. just as well as id be running out of arms and legs to pinch some more from :rolleyes:

You are correct in what you say to a degree. When I worked in healthcare there were 3 standard answers to any question - and they are as follows.
1. We've always done that
2. Matron told me
3. I dont know

You are correct in what you say to a degree. When I worked in healthcare there were 3 standard answers to any question - and they are as follows.
1. We've always done that
2. Matron told me
3. I dont know
I’m afraid that’s not my view of the work of the vaccine clinics and the excellent work that’s gone on since their inception. Sometimes it’s far easier to criticise the small number of issues that didn’t go to plan, instead of praising how well, on the whole, the programme has been rolled out. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think there are still people in some countries who still haven’t received their first vaccines and I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that applies to some states in the US.

Last edited:
I had mine on Sunday, then flu on Monday. Now I read on the news that the flu that killed 20 - 40 k in 2017-18 is on its way back this year.

So I’m pleased I got it when I did.

I am not in a group considered at high risk so don’t qualify for the COVID booster I did however get my flu jab on Monday. It‘s highly unlikely that flu will kill me either but it is a deeply unpleasant disease so I am happy to take the mild discomfort and minor cost involved in getting a flu shot for the reduced odds of getting flu.

Back