Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some will remember that I had terrible reaction to my first jab, I have my 2nd on Wednesday, 2 days why of 12 weeks after my first. Fingers crossed I have no side effects

Some will remember that I had terrible reaction to my first jab, I have my 2nd on Wednesday, 2 days why of 12 weeks after my first. Fingers crossed I have no side effects
Alas I’m yet to have one (fingers crossed in the next week or so they will get to 31 year olds) so this is based purely on the experiecd of others but both my parents had pretty nasty reactions to the first jab but little more than a bit of soreness with their second (This was the Astra Zeneca jab).

generally I've seen reports of AZ side effects worst with first jab and the other way round with the Pfizer. Also the younger you are the more intense the side effects. I have my 2nd AZ June 6th the Mrs June 5th - no chance of us getting the 2nd jab around the 8 week mark as announced by uk gov.

1621783278747.png

I had the AZ. Hot and cold sweats during the night after the first jab then got a cracking headache after 24 hours. Had my second jab two weeks ago, 11 weeks later and had no side effects at all.

Just had my 2nd jab brought forward, very pleased. Both me and the wife felt a bit crappy but nothing too bad (AZ) - interestingly my wife's long covid improved considerably since her first jab, while not back to normal she's the best she's been in a year and on the up each week. Can't say the same for other long covid people she's met online, with many the same (and a few worse) after their jab, but great it either helped her or coincided with her improving. We aren't questioning it!

@Chippy_Tea when did you have your first? Everywhere around here now, if it's over 8 weeks ago then you can just do a walk-in without an appointment (that's what I did)

Thanks for the info.
My first was at the beginning of April, it will be 11 weeks by the time i get the second i haven't heard of anyone getting it quicker here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
My first was at the beginning of April, it will be 11 weeks by the time i get the second i haven't heard of anyone getting it quicker here.
If you go to your nearest centre, or if you know anyone who volunteers there) the people at the entrance will usually be able to tell you whether they are doing ‘walk-ins’ that day... my wife frequently volunteers at the centres and she says they typically will accept a walk in so long as they are not too busy.

Wife and I had our second Pfizer jab last Wednesday. 12 weeks and 1 day after the first. Had to ring the GP in the end as for some reason they hadn't contacted us for the second jab appointment.
Anyhow all done now. Wife had a sore arm for a few days, I had nothing at all.

1621963345813.png

Local councils worst-hit by the Indian coronavirus variant have insisted there are no restrictions on travel in their areas and "no local lockdowns".
There were complaints of confusion after the government updated guidance for Bolton, Blackburn, Kirklees, Bedford, Burnley, Leicester, Hounslow and North Tyneside.
The guidance asked people not to meet indoors or travel unnecessarily.
The councils said individuals could take "sensible" voluntary precautions.
A Downing Street source had earlier denied it was imposing local lockdowns by stealth when the advice was updated on 14 May and again on Friday without an announcement.
The prime minister's official spokesman said the government wanted to encourage the public "to exercise their good judgement", rather than issuing "top-down edicts".

In a joint statement, the eight local councils said: "We have met with national officials and confirmed there are no restrictions on travel in or out of each of our areas: there are no local lockdowns."
They said they are working to increase testing and vaccination and to support people self-isolating, adding "there are sensible public health precautions people can take as individuals in line with the sorts of advice we have all been following throughout the pandemic".
Greater Manchester's Labour mayor Andy Burnham said the confusion over the advice was a "major communications error" which had a "major effect on people's lives" and a government minister should issue a clarification.
Norma Redfearn, Labour mayor of North Tyneside, said "after a day of confusion" it had been confirmed the area was "at the same stage of the road map as the rest of the country".

Labour's shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth said the messaging had been "completely contradictory" at a time "when clarity is everything".
He said: "If you've got a holiday booked for half term next week, does the government want you to cancel it or not? If you've got a wedding organised, do you have to cancel your wedding now?"
Bolton Council's Conservative leader David Greenhalgh said there had been a "fear" the town would be singled out for a local lockdown. He said: "As long as they follow the guidance I don't believe residents in Bolton should be cancelling holidays."
Overall cases of Covid are at their highest rate for six months in Bolton, at 452.1 cases per 100,000 people. The Royal Bolton Hospital said it would take "urgent action" to manage an increase in Covid patients.

FULL ARTICLE - Covid: No local lockdowns in Indian variant areas, say local leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back