Creating basic recipes and saving them to a community area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegThat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I am experimenting with an all grain recipe kit creation tool.

Currently this tool lets you:
  • Create a recipe with a name, description, any amount of hops, any amount of grains
  • Save this recipe to a communal area on kegthat.
  • Purchase your recipe at any point in the future
  • Build your recipe and purchase it buying ingredients down to the gram
Soon this tool will allow you to:
  • All of the above
  • Validation to ensure entries are valid recipes
  • Split hops into different additions
  • Calculate all brewing-related calculations within the app
  • Use AI to make suggestions to improve your recipe
  • Add yeasts with pre filled yeast attenuation which will also calculate fg.
Styles will also be improved.

First iteration is available at here

Next will be the functionallity which will perform all of the brewing calculations. The tool lets anyone create a recipe which saves it to a communal area. There is a button to view your custom recipe after it has been created.

If you want to try out using the tool, the recipe must be atleast £12.50 if you are going to purchase it. This check is not yet working so please bare this in mind, any recipes below this amount will cause delays and additional charges.

Currently, it only adds hops and malts but you will soon be able to add yeasts too.

This will be embedded on to the main site when its complete.

If anyone is interested in the tech stack, it is written in react with a .net backend api.

Let us know any initial feedback / bugs :)

There are no entries yet but recipes saved to here: Community Recipes Archives

I wonder whether you can export recipes from more common software like brewfather/beersmith. This would be a lot more useful if people could tinker with their recipe in common tools, then just export the recipe file and import it into your website?

Even better would be to work with the authors of brewfather/beersmith on a common API to link straight to your site from within those tools. If you get in there early, it could possibly drive a lot of traffic your way!

I use the grainfather app, but I can see a lot of value in people designing a recipe in brewfather, then just clicking "buy" and it taking you straight to kegthat with a pre-populated shopping basket!

I wonder whether you can export recipes from more common software like brewfather/beersmith. This would be a lot more useful if people could tinker with their recipe in common tools, then just export the recipe file and import it into your website?

Even better would be to work with the authors of brewfather/beersmith on a common API to link straight to your site from within those tools. If you get in there early, it could possibly drive a lot of traffic your way!

I use the grainfather app, but I can see a lot of value in people designing a recipe in brewfather, then just clicking "buy" and it taking you straight to kegthat with a pre-populated shopping basket!
This is a great idea and definitely something I should explore. I will look into this :) Even if someone can upload the csv from brewfather and it automatically reads it and adds it. I will look at a few options :)

Just checked and they do indeed have an api to fetch recipes etc, I will look into this and add it in when I get the time :) Will need to explore how fermentables and hops get mapped over to the products / ingredients we stock

Back