Cumbrian brewery heads to Japan on trade mission

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DSC02140.jpg

THE boss of a successful Cumbrian brewery is heading to Japan on a trade mission to sell the county’s beer abroad.

Jason Hill, managing director of Eden Brewery, near Penrith, is in Japan as part of the trip organised by UK Trade and Investment.

During the week long trip, Mr Hill will meet with local distributors and potential customers in Tokyo and Osaka.

Mr Hill, will fly to Japan on Friday, Feb 26, he said: “In common with lots of people across the world, the Japanese have developed a taste for high quality, seriously tasty beer, which stands out from the mass produced, bland beer on offer from the big breweries.

“We have built a good name for ourselves locally and nationally, but we want to expand and find new markets across the world. We back the quality of our beer to measure up against any other brewery in the world and I am hoping to return having made some really valuable contacts.”

Japan has been identified as one of the key global markets for craft beer and Mr Hill is planning to market Eden’s Halfpint range of hoppy ales during the trip, as well as its experimental Psycho range, which uses a wide range of exciting ingredients.

Mr Hill said: “Although we are concentrating on Japan as a potential export market at the moment, Scandinavia and France are other markets we would like to consider in the future.

“The brewery has grown massively since we began back in 2011 and it would be great to continue this success by getting our brands known across the world.”

By Giles Brown on 23/02/2016 - to find out more about Eden Brewery go to www.edenbrewery.com

I've tried a couple of theirs, they're darned good. It was a pilsner and a dark if I remember rightly. It was last year some time. I'll see if they still sell them in Booths.

Will do, Booths is about 3 minutes walk from my front door. I'll nip I after work tomorrow.

What's that other brewery that has a cartoony ram on its labels? I think its maybe around Kirkby Stephen way perhaps.

Ooh, that wasn't the one I had in mind, but you've peaked my interest now. KS is only 30-40 minutes up the M6 from me and I go through often when I'm going back up home. I'll have to check them out.

DENT!! That was the one I was thinking of. I also realise that they are in actual fact miles away from Kirkby Stephen!!

dent-brewery.jpg

Thanks i will have to give some a try, what would you suggest for someone who used to drink lager, i have tried hobgoblin and wasn't too impressed and have never really liked put bitters.

Give the Eden Gold a go. I've just had one with my tea and it wasn't too hoppy, it was very light and easy drinking. Not to heavy on the carbonation, which is how I like it. A very pleasant drink indeed. Not dark and malty like HG is, so you might like it.

I've bought a bottle of the IPA as well, even though I don't like IPAs, but I want to try and develop a taste for them so I don't miss out on some complex hop flavours that I may just end up loving.

Latest posts

Back