Dark Farm Mini Keg and C02 dispenser - 15% Discount

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gareth, I've talked the better half into buying me some mini kegs for Christmas.

Thanks Gareth

I just need to brew something worthy of putting in them now :)

Niall

Remember this photograph?

Tap&Elastic.jpg

I installed the elastic band to stop myself knocking the tap on whenever I was moving the Growler around. It worked right up until yesterday!

If you look at the background of the photo you will see that the Growler sits in front of a "Tool Wall" and yesterday (with loud music playing in the garage) I inadvertently knocked a large screwdriver off the wall and had to pick it up off the floor before using it.

Obviously, with all of the garage to fall in, it had to hit the tap and knock it "ON" and despite the elastic band the tap stayed open long enough to drop about 4 litres of Vienna Lager before the music ended and I heard the brew splashing it's way to the floor!

At "high pressure" (over 10psi) the valve is held closed by the pressure at the back of the tap; however, as I really dislike a "gassy beer", can someone please come up with a better idea than the elastic band?

mmm not sure i can help you with flying tools. but our new tap with flow control AND spring loaded handle might help.

Thanks for that! Two questions:
  1. Does it fit on to the original barrel?
  2. Is it the £29.99 one?
I definitely need something because I'm happy with the rest of the kit, but I'm getting fed up of mopping up the results of my own stupidity.

Hi Gareth, my youngest has requested a keg of homebrew to take back to Uni in January. Could you send me a code please.

May have to buy myself one at the same time ;)

Regards
David

Hi there Gareth. Im about ten all grains in now on my little 10 litre set up but running out of room in the flat for bottles! I would love to get a start in kegging and have a c02 bottle so I'm thinking about the ball lock set up with a flow control tap. Does this have the spring loaded handle?

A discount code would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

I received my 5 litre keg set-up from Gareth a couple of weeks ago. As I didn't have anything ready for bottling, over the weekend I decanted 5 litres of a wheat beer hopped with citra into the keg to test everything out.

I cannot recommend these kegs highly enough. Everything has a solid feel to it (keg, spear unit, regulator, tap) which suggests that they will last for years. I poured my first pint into a jug as recommended but the second straight into the glass. I didn't realise it would be so easy to use.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a set-up, just do it.

I haven't 'done a Dutto' yet and knocked the tap accidently so haven't bothered with his elastic band 'modification' around the handle! The only thing I have done (which I used to do with the plastic kegs as well) is wrap a piece of kitchen paper around the tap to catch any drips. I needn't have bothered as the paper has been bone dry so far.

Thanks once again, Gareth, for an excellent product.

I received my 5 litre keg set-up from Gareth a couple of weeks ago. As I didn't have anything ready for bottling, over the weekend I decanted 5 litres of a wheat beer hopped with citra into the keg to test everything out.

I cannot recommend these kegs highly enough. Everything has a solid feel to it (keg, spear unit, regulator, tap) which suggests that they will last for years. I poured my first pint into a jug as recommended but the second straight into the glass. I didn't realise it would be so easy to use.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a set-up, just do it.

I haven't 'done a Dutto' yet and knocked the tap accidently so haven't bothered with his elastic band 'modification' around the handle! The only thing I have done (which I used to do with the plastic kegs as well) is wrap a piece of kitchen paper around the tap to catch any drips. I needn't have bothered as the paper has been bone dry so far.

Thanks once again, Gareth, for an excellent product.

Thanks - I have sent your motivating message to all involved in Dark Farm, we are very proud of our products, this help reconfirm we are doing right! Happy brewing!

Hi there Gareth. Im about ten all grains in now on my little 10 litre set up but running out of room in the flat for bottles! I would love to get a start in kegging and have a c02 bottle so I'm thinking about the ball lock set up with a flow control tap. Does this have the spring loaded handle?

A discount code would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

Sent message.

Quick heads up the 15% offer will becoming to end very soon! For all those that have purchased a huge thank you for your support. So if you haven't purchased your keg yet get in touch for your code. If you have one already and want additional equipment before Christmas PM with your Christmas list I'm sure we can help you out. Happy brewing to ALL!

I just took possession of my 2018 Christmas Present. (The one from me to me!)

I now have a new 10 litre Growler and a new Tap with connection to the Growler. (The new Tap is spring-loaded to remove the need for the elastic band!)

Plan "A" is to rotate the Growlers around as a "Drinking Source" instead of bottles as follows:
  • Growler "1" in service.
  • Growler "2" carbonating with CO2.
  • Growler "3" carbonating with sugar.
Obviously, to keep the Growlers filled will take some planning but I will still use the 2 x 10 litre and 2 x 25 litre PB's to maintain stocks; and a few bottles on the shelves as "Controls".

Happy Days - and when it stops blowing a hooley I will start the next brew!

BTW

I had laid down a bit of groundwork on the Christmas Present by explaining how much beer I had lost when a tool fell and knocked the other Tap to the "On" position.

The arrival of the parcel resulted in the queries "What's that and how much did it cost?" from SWMBO so I didn't lie but didn't actually mention the new Growler.

This elicited the response "That's a big parcel for a Tap no matter how expensive it was!" so I carried on running to the relative safety of the garage!

Gareth,
Could you send me a code please. I presume if I order some gear I just apply the code to get the discount. Is there a time limit on the discount code?
Alan

Evening Gareth, looking to order a kit for my uncle who is a keen home brewer for Christmas could you send me the code please, thank you!

Latest posts

Back