Deep cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev

Landlord.
Reaction score
Over the last few days I've been deep-cleaning my setup. Everything's been bleached, soaked, scrubbed, etc.

It's amazing how dirty things get....but you don't realise until they're clean!

Just wondered what everyone's deep-cleaning regime is. Obviously it's not after every brew but do people do it 6-monthly, yearly, etc??

Any tips or advice?

K

I'm considering doing mine after 5 years of use :oops:

undecided how yet mind, I was thinking citric acid for the boiler and mash tun which are stainless and then purple line cleaner for the plastic FVs

Or would the citric clean all of them :wha: I have quite a bit of both hence thinking of using them

( this indecision is why it's taken so long but I do clean up with oxi after every brewday, the FV is probably the most in need )

kev said:
Just wondered what everyone's deep-cleaning regime is. Obviously it's not after every brew but do people do it 6-monthly, yearly, etc??
:oops: :oops: Every Brew :oops: :oops: But as I have similar brewing habits to the Admins that would be Yearly . . . or slightly less frequently

I will maybe yearly or so soak my stainless brew kettle in oxyclean and do the same with my plastic FVs. I have never done anything with my mash tun other than spray it out and wipe it down when done brewing for the day.

I do break my cornies down yearly and replace gaskets and boil the posts etc. to get any gunk out.

Latest posts

Back