Do you remember.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents had an Austin Cambridge similar to the one below, you can see the starting handle hole in the bumper just above the number plate.

I learned to drive in the Morris Oxford version and would start it with a handle occasionally. Do you remember the choke?

What about mastering the art of kick starting a 500cc single cylinder Ariel Red Hunter, backfiring could be painful.
Indeed I rebuilt my BSA B40, okay only 350CC but I put set the timing 180 degrees out. It nearly hit the shed roof when I tried to fire her up.

"Get carried away by an Aztec" one of my favourite chocolate bars when I was a kid.

download.jpg

What about mastering the art of kick starting a 500cc single cylinder Ariel Red Hunter, backfiring could be painful.

I had a Maico 490 cc two stroke Moto cross bike that was a bitch to start, the kickstart was on the left and I am right footed and with the height it was a right pain in the ****, I used to stand next to it and kick it backwards with my right boot whichade it easier.

The first mobile phone i used was similar to the ones below, a company phone which sat on the passenger seat as the battery was so big you couldn't put them anywhere else.

1617038653078.png

Or the old cassette players that didn't have a rewind so you had to flip the tape over and fast forward it and then flip it back to play and see where you had got to.

Do you remember playing 'knock door run'? Hours of fun doing that when we were growing up. I bet most kids wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about if you asked if they play it these days.
Knick knock we called it and was great until you got caught.The Donkey Derby was another great one jumping over hedges but mostly through them...

Donkey Derby was another great one jumping over hedges but mostly through them...

Yes we used to do that too and you'd tend to get legged by an old guy. Can't play
that these days because no one has a nice hedge, probably ripped out or unkept, and most houses have had their gardens tarmaced and now have a car in the way.

Hand signals for drivers.
Vacuum windscreen wipers on Ford popular which slowed right down when going up hills.
Starting handles on most cars up to the early 60s.
Hand signals for drivers? Does that involve making a cylindrical shape with your hand and vigorously waving it up and down?

Back