Donate a Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjohnk

Reaction score
As a relatively new extract brewer (Ive done 7 extracts, 4 different recipes) I am constantly on the search for new recipes that I think I can brew but I have a special request for recipes on this occasion.

This year it was my 30th birthday but sadly I was in hospital recovering from a major operation, and needing 3 months to recover from that I never really got the chance to celebrate.
My wife has suggested that for my 31st in a few months time we throw a little beer festival at my house with a range of homebrews, and maybe a couple of locally bought beers. We will also use this as a chance to raise some money for a charity that helped me out when I was struggling this year.

So my request is would you like to donate a recipe that I can brew?

I am looking to brew 4/5 myself and am currently find my brews easier if I am doing a 20-25 litres brew, if I can use cans of extract and adding spraymalt if needed, of course am comfortable with adding hops and steeping.

I am hoping to do the following type of beers:
- a pretty weak beer
- something strong but nice
- a beer thats a bit different (I notice the new threads on adding honey, peaches, maybe golden syrup, etc)
- a nice traditional golden ale
- Maybe a mild

If you can offer me a recipe I would be massively greatly!
Thanks.

mattjazz2000 said:
Hope I don't get berated for posting a link but here goes.
It's a brewing forum and you're posting a link to a set of beer recipes.
Why should you be beerated (sorry) for doing that? :wha:

Only problem I'd have with that lot would be working out the quantities, I can do pounds and ounces, I would have to google what they mean by cup measurements, but US fluid measurements are completely different to UK.

mark1964 said:
sorry matey we only brew all grain. Why was you in hospital etc?

Long story but in short I was sadly having my large intestine removed. Not having one hasn't stopped the beer making/drinking though!

Thanks MattyJ. Was hoping people might want to suggest there favourite recipe.
As with any beer festival there will be a vote for the best beer so you might win some kudos too.

It's a brewing forum and you're posting a link to a set of beer recipes.
Why should you be beerated (sorry) for doing that?

I got absolutely slated and accused of advertising on an unrelated forum for offering up a link to a site, so I'm a little wary now. Nice to know your a much friendlier bunch on here.

Now to a recipe.

Recipe: Flaming June
Style: English IPA
TYPE: Extract
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 27.17 l
Post Boil Volume: 23.92 l
Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 l
Bottling Volume: 23.00 l
Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
Estimated Color: 16.4 EBC
Estimated IBU: 61.5 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 0.0 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
0.42 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (19.7 EBC) Grain 1 10.2 %
0.70 kg Light Dry Extract (15.8 EBC) Dry Extract 2 17.0 %
3.00 kg Pale Liquid Extract (15.8 EBC) Extract 3 72.8 %
31.00 g Admiral [14.80 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop 4 57.4 IBUs
1.00 tsp Protafloc (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 5 -
13.00 g First Gold [7.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 6 4.1 IBUs
1.0 pkg SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) [25 Yeast 7 -

Mash Schedule: My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 4.12 kg
----------------------------

Sparge: Remove grains, and prepare to boil wort

This is a recipe from "Home Brew" by Doug Rouxel and Sara Paston - Williams.

Anybody else interested in suggesting a recipe?

Really keen to get a very strong beer and a really weak one.

There's a topic on here about brewing milds on account of that new tax law for beers below 2.8%. Have a search, might throw up something decent.

John , I could send you a couple if you PM me with what sort of thing you want , I dont want to post them as they wont be my recipes and may be subject to copyright

Easy Wheat Beer

3KG Dry Wheat Extract
450G Honey
50G Hallertauer Mittelfrueh

Bring 5 liters of water to the boil then add 1KG of the wheat extract and 30G of Hallertauer, leave on the boil for 40mins.

Add the 2KG of wheat extract and a further 10G of Hallertauer, boil for a further 15mins

Add the honey and 10G of Hallertauer for a further 5 mins.

Turn off the heat and leave for 15mins.

And im sure you know the rest.

I use Wyeast Weihenstephan 6038, yeast for this.

Bebop1980 said:
Easy Wheat Beer

3KG Dry Wheat Extract
450G Honey
50G Hallertauer Mittelfrueh

Bring 5 liters of water to the boil then add 1KG of the wheat extract and 30G of Hallertauer, leave on the boil for 40mins.

Add the 2KG of wheat extract and a further 10G of Hallertauer, boil for a further 15mins

Add the honey and 10G of Hallertauer for a further 5 mins.

Turn off the heat and leave for 15mins.

And im sure you know the rest.

I use Wyeast Weihenstephan 6038, yeast for this.

Thanks bebop.
Can't say I'm a fan of wheat beer so might have to be convinced to give it a try!

Hey ! C'mon John ! Its not just for you , remember ? Its for the party ! Go On , do it ! Its for the good of the peoples revolution ! Think of Wolfy Smith ! Power to the people ! Freedom for Tooting ! Brew the Wheatbeer ! :party: :party:

:cheers: ;)

Back