Raspberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbangoose

Reaction score
Morning Brewers

I run a beer club for charity donations so try and mix things up a little for my regular monthly subscribers. I am looking to brew a raspberry beer, but on recently brewed a saison (the natural fit). Wondered about brewing a Belgium strong ale with raspberries, but wondered as I haven’t found any recipes, what everyone thought?

No feedback on the Belgium strong with raspberries - so just gonna go for it next week. Will keep you posted

A Wheat Beer with 2.5kg of raspberries works well. I find it a bit much, so you could reduce the raspberry content. Basically, the end result, with a pale-ish sort of a base beer, will smell, taste and look like raspberries, so Belgian Strong Golden might be a fit?

That sounds like a really good idea. How does it work then?
The beer club? i started brewing beer about 6 years ago often giving a few to friends - just cascaded from there really. I now have 20 members in the club, each get 3 different beers a month, to stay in the club they donate quarterly to local charity. Won’t lie … it costs me, but we meet up occasionally, I get to keep in touch with friends I would never see, and we have current raised just over 6k

A Wheat Beer with 2.5kg of raspberries works well. I find it a bit much, so you could reduce the raspberry content. Basically, the end result, with a pale-ish sort of a base beer, will smell, taste and look like raspberries, so Belgian Strong Golden might be a fit?
Its next on my list!

The beer club? i started brewing beer about 6 years ago often giving a few to friends - just cascaded from there really. I now have 20 members in the club, each get 3 different beers a month, to stay in the club they donate quarterly to local charity. Won’t lie … it costs me, but we meet up occasionally, I get to keep in touch with friends I would never see, and we have current raised just over 6k

That's a nice idea. Are I you near Kent?

Back