Drinking for three

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hagrid

Reaction score
1591770396476.png

I hope you’re all able to help once the pubs start to reopen.

I'm hoping for some kind of VIP arrangement at my regular City haunts. It's going to be like Christmas once they reopen - full of amateurs. I must be one of the few that spends less time than usual in the pub in December.

I have a feeling that it's gonna be a bun fight...
How on earth will they police this? Telling people full of drink to do this that and the other will only work with some..the rest won't care and for fire safety reasons you can't lock doors with customers inside...
Like the super markets,once the panic drinking is over and things settle to a steady stream I wonder if the likes of flea bay will be flooded with HB equipment?
Thinking about it though...I wonder if ALL pubs will become busy as punters spread out...pubs and breweries need to gear up or they'll be sold out within hours.

How on earth will they police this? Telling people full of drink to do this that and the other will only work with some..the rest won't care and for fire safety reasons you can't lock doors with customers inside...
Like the super markets,once the panic drinking is over and things settle to a steady stream I wonder if the likes of flea bay will be flooded with HB equipment?
Time to pick up that hardly used GF for £50

How on earth will they police this?

They cannot Clint but they wont care as long as cash is going into the till, how are you going to keep a distance in the toilets many of the urinals in the small pubs in our town are smaller than 2 meters if you are having a wizz and some guy stands next to you what are you going to do?

Exactly...when you gotta go...plus only the big pubs could afford door staff etc...
You gotta agree though...
"WHO'SE LOOKING FORWARD TO A PUB CRAWL?Out all day on the lash...chips and all sorts of nice stuff..****** up by tea time...stop over in a nice hotel.. York or up the coast somewhere...oh yes! Get me name down... twice!

I wonder if the likes of flea bay will be flooded with HB equipment?
I'm hoping that there'll be some chest freezers appear after the "apocalypse now" buyers have realised the shops never closed and they don't really have room for it.

I'm hoping that there'll be some chest freezers appear after the "apocalypse now" buyers have realised the shops never closed and they don't really have room for it.

Just reclaimed my brew-freezer. Patersbier FV temperature was up and down like a hoors knickers and the taste has severely suffered. No way I was letting that happen to Camden Pale attempt so kids were force fed frozen pizzas, ice pops and Pukka pies for a fortnight.

Yes..you can over do a pie...it needs to be simple..and with chips,peas,gravy and bread and butter...beans are also acceptable and the chips can be subbed with mashed potatoes if you like.

Yes favourite pub in my hometown of Southport only food offering was a hot cabinet with Hollands pies in it which were served with a ladle of mushy peas out of an urn.

Yes favourite pub in my hometown of Southport only food offering was a hot cabinet with Hollands pies in it which were served with a ladle of mushy peas out of an urn.
I was brought up on Holland’s pies being in every local chippy. Still one of my favourite commercial pies.

Back