Dry hop 3 days?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question. Does dry hop 3 days mean dry hop for 3 days after fermentation stops and just before transferring to bottle? Thanks for your help. Cheers

Short answer, yes.

If you are going to ferment for two weeks then it's probably safe to add the hops on day 11 assuming that the hydrometer reading indicates that the fermentation is finished/nearly finished. If you are expecting a final gravity of 1010 and the reading is (say) 1012 you are probably good, but if it's 1020 you might want to give it another few days. And always make sure you get the same reading for a couple of days before bottling.

To add I got busy once and left hops in for 15 days turned out to be a beauty of a beer

I normally dry hop in a bag after the first vigorous fermentation has done say 4/5 days so it is in the slowing down stage of fermentation and in a bag so I can remove after the time I want to dry hop. This means I can remove let the yeast clean up and cold crash at 12 to 14 days

I normally dry hop in a bag after the first vigorous fermentation has done say 4/5 days so it is in the slowing down stage of fermentation and in a bag so I can remove after the time I want to dry hop. This means I can remove let the yeast clean up and cold crash at 12 to 14 days
OK Thanks. Good idea with the bag I was just gonna throw them in. Cheers.

Back