Dry hopping Razorback IPA Festival Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your opinion on dry hopping strength over time?

• The earlier you dry hop, the stronger the bitterness.

• The earlier you dry hop, the weaker the bitterness.

• The later you dry hop, the stronger the floral/fruitier the beer.

• The later you dry hop, the weaker the floral/fruitier the beer.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Base

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Posted this in http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=40678&start=0 but havent got a response yet. Hoping for some help as I haven't hopped yet and its day 7 and kit recommends 5.

Base said:
Hi Guys, sorry to thread jack but thought this is a good place to post as everyone here knows this kit. This is my first beer kit as I usually just do TC.

Started this on the 24th. Pitched at 22c and have kept in a water bath at 20.5c.

I bought this for myself but SWMBO has convinced me that I should give some out as gifts to the family so the pressure is on to get it right. I'm scared to over hop this from reading the above. Today is day 6 and I'm still hesitant to put these it.
I've kept the temp low to prevent any off flavours so thinking that it will take a while to ferment out. Its hard to know what to think as everyone's tastes are different. I favour west coast IPAs. Being from the west coast my self helps :whistle:

I'd like opinions on the below if you could please :ugeek:

1. Should I wait for the gravity to reach a certain point to add them and then after 5 days transfer to a clean bucket to remove the hops?

2. I've also thought about turning up the heat to 23-24 to speed it up and add now. Would these temps be ok and not give off flavours?

3. What are you opinions are dry hopping in regards to strength and time of addition? Does adding them towards the beginning make it stronger/weaker versus adding them late making it stronger/weaker?

4. Does any one know what hops are included in this kit?

Thanks in advance!
:hat:
Base

There's a graph somewhere on the internet that can help you with bitterness, etc, but it's to do with how long you boil the hops for. If you dry hop you will only add aroma.

hop_utilization.jpg

Latest posts

Back