Dry Voss Kveik from Lallemand

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive not had it go solid like this.

Was it pure yeast or was their something else within the trub do you think? Ive had this be very thick but not solid.
It was 11g of CML Voss added to 10l Imperial Stout and fermentation started at 40°C. I did have 70g dark chocolate and 250g Lactose added to the boil. 🤔
Thought it could be fat from the chocolate but it was 95% Cocoa. The fragments of yeast didn't feel fatty, more like a soft biscuit. I've not seen anything else like it when looking online!

So hit 1.051 OG yesterday, added O2 for 30s and dry pitched 2.5g (1/4 packet) of CML Voss to a 21l batch at a steady 39c. Pitched at 1530 with a refractometer reading of 11.8, by 2300 it was down to 11.1, was already drying out and noticeably effervescent! This morning it was reading 9.8 and picking up an orange pithy note and tasting like beer already. Corrected, I make that 1.036, 2.0% ABV in 17 hours- going great guns! 💪

Resurecting an old thread.

What's everyone's experience on keeping it warm once you reach fg? Normally I'd keep a beer in the fridge for 2 weeks but would like to get my lager back in to ramp up (garage was at 12° so decided to get a quick brew in the fridge)

I brewed and pitched Saturday afternoon at 35° and it was churning away that night. Slowed right down by Sunday night, need to check gravity but wondering if ok to let yeast clean up at room temp once done.

Get it kegged/bottled. I was drinking mine 7 days after pitching and it didn’t taste young. Kveik is a different animal all together.

I haven’t bothered to be honest. I don’t with dry yeast (I’d sooner spend £3 and save the hassle), but I’d imagine they would be amongst the safest to repitch because is just so viable and quick. No time for anything else to get a look in.

Latest posts

Back