Dunfermline Brewday - Saturday 29th September

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I am going to host another brewday at my house in Dunfermline on Saturday 29th September. The event is open to anyone who has an interest in brewing - new brewers interested in finding out about all grain, more experienced brewers who want to see another setup in action or simply just some hangers on who fancy a few beers chatting with other brewers (you know who you are ;) ).

I haven't decided on a recipe yet but I aim to mash in at midday. Given this the HLT will be going on just after 11 so you can gauge how much of the process you want to see.

To help the day run smoothly there will be a couple of cornies of beer on tap and a few snacks. Please feel free to bring along your own beer if you want to get some comments/feedback.

So just let me know if you fancy coming along and I will pass you my details. :cheers:

excellent news Dunfie - the last brewday went really well thanks to your efforts :thumb: :drink: :drink:

Don't know if I'll make this one, but would like to.... :mrgreen:

looking forward to it already,will bring a cornie over aswell if you want to risk drinking my early AG attempts! might need to give the Jags game a swerve, we've got a stinking record in Kirkcaldy anyways! if anyone is getting the train over i could get u at the train stn.

Definitely coming.

Got 3 kegs conditioning just now so will bring beer.

Will PM for address just now.

K

Two weeks tomorrow! BOOM!

Got 1 corny ready with this in it :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28245

I planned to bring another keg with my Columbus SMASH but it....eh....sort off.....had an "accident" and there's not left so I can't bring it. Everything else I have is too young - that said - I'll pull of a sample of the other stuff and if it's decent then I'll bring it along.

K

PS: Fancy some grub? Could knock up my now legendary Pulled Pork if you fancy it??

I was hoping i could make it up to scotland so i could come to this as my misses lives in dunfermline, however i cant make it sadly. I dont think i would feel right trying up without being able to bring homebrew with me anyway. Hope you guys have a great day and post some pics

kev said:
Two weeks tomorrow! BOOM!

Got 1 corny ready with this in it :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28245

I planned to bring another keg with my Columbus SMASH but it....eh....sort off.....had an "accident" and there's not left so I can't bring it. Everything else I have is too young - that said - I'll pull of a sample of the other stuff and if it's decent then I'll bring it along.

K

PS: Fancy some grub? Could knock up my now legendary Pulled Pork if you fancy it??

aye pulled pork sounds good man, I'll bring over some sausage rolls and stuff for C to bung in the oven. looking forward to it. ive got a few cornies, dunno what to bring, got some deuchars ipa clone, my lanza hoppy and the american wit beer, it still smells like someone has took a **** in the glass before serving right enough so i'll probably leave it to condition for a while

Braw. Will cook it overnight in slow cooker so it'll be perfect come brew time.

I've got (literally) 35 gallons sat in garage, but only 5 are ready. Damn my laziness 8 weeks ago!

K

We should probably pull together our efforts for food and beer. Unfortunately the beer I brewed is not good so its bottles of the house beer, a load of IPA and beers from my infamous top shelf (it's a bit like a lucky dip). I will also be passing around Muddydisco's 32% RIS. :cheers:

I was going to get a load of stuff that I can just throw in the oven - sausage rolls and samosas.

I'll do pulled pork and bring the accompaniments. Will have about 2/3rds of a keg with one ale and a rather young (but fine) full keg of another.

I will probably be along the Thurs or Fri night with the kegs as we spoke about. Will finalise nearer the time with you. I'll probably be getting the train - definitely not driving!

K

Hi Kev, just give me a bell and let me know when you are coming around. Thursday is better for me as I will be out on Friday night. :cheers:

Cool - thurs it is. Will let you know a time later but it'll probably be about 7.

K

I've decided on a traditional type bitter that is loosely based around Timothy Taylor Landlord.

BrewdayBitter29-09-12_zps6e53f573.jpg

Back