Dunfie's - Hefeweizen 5.2%

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Tonight I've had the pleasure of drinking Dunfie's Hefeweizen 5.2%

018.jpg

I'm really impressed with this beer and fancy having a crack at one myself now! I'm not normally a Hefe drinker though so I hope I do it justice. :)

The bottle opened with a good forceful hiss and straight away I was hit with the smell that I am familiar with from Hoegaarden.

The beer was perfectly carbonated in my opinion it poured with a light fluffy head which disappeared after about 5 minutes, the mouthfeel was very light and refreshing, and I got nice spice flavour and aroma, particularly cloves. The colour was a lovely light orange.

I'd be very happy to have made this Dunfie - Nice one! :clap:

020.jpg

So happy you enjoyed it Wez. The beauty of Hefe is that it is so forgiving and it drinks better from bottles than cornie (imo - and I've done both). The recipe I posted had Hersbrucker but on investigation I realised I only has Saaz in the freezer (that backs up my argument - this beer is a doddle.)

Its all about the yeast :thumb:

It really was a superb beer :cheers:

I'll definately knock a batch up :thumb: (also gets around my haze issues :lol: )

Good work D :D

Thats the spirit...you need to do a hefe :cheers:

Clarity is in the eye of the beerholder.... :whistle:

Nice one Dunfie, which yeast did you go for.

Interesting comment about bottles, why do you think it's better for hefes?

I used Safbrew WB-06 which was so much better than Brewferm Blanche.

I like the bottles as I think it develops really well in the bottle and you get a constant amount of yeast in each glass. When I have stuck it in the cornie I have had to give it a wee shake before pouring or else I find the yeast that does drop out comes out in the first few pints and it is rather lacking towards the end.

Back